Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Passive monitor wont stick

(6 posts)
  1. Pattycake

Posted 5 months ago
    Wed May 2 2018 8:01:50
    #

Login to Send PM

My passive monitor won't stick to the bottom of my couch. I have tried heating the glue back up with a hair dryer, but no luck. Does anyone know of a way to attach them that won't deter the bb from using them? Also has anyone found out they have bb by using said monitors. Packtite brand.

2. Canuck

Posted 5 months ago
    Wed May 2 2018 9:29:32
    #

Login to Send PM

I can confirm we have had clients that have found the fecal on the outer white border of the monitor - when they did not realize the pest was present.

Are you trying to attach to wood? leather? fabric? Note: that black dust cover on the underside of most furniture is a problem. We advise clients to remove it.

Sheree Swindle / certified K9-assisted bed bug inspector
  3. Pattycake

Posted 5 months ago
    Wed May 2 2018 21:22:17
    #

Login to Send PM

I really don’t want to rip the dust cover off my couch.. is it okay to ser it on the floor under where I sit the most?

4. djames1921

Posted 5 months ago
    Thu May 3 2018 23:28:16
    #

Login to Send PM

It is the dust cover that is causing trouble if you can't get the monitor to stick to it and
    on the frame is a great spot for it. If this is not the case and the monitor just wasn't sticky out of the box, email me through the pfh manufacturing.com website. We make the Packtite passive.

5. FayeState

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Sat May 12 2018 0:16:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,
    I initially had the problem where the passive monitor wouldn't stick to the dust cover on the bottom of my couch. I put it on and then would hear it fall off. a couple minutes later. I found that if I held it against the dust cover for about a minute it stuck. Now it's been there for about a year. Good luck.
    Faye

6. Pattycake

Posted 5 months ago
    Sat May 12 2018 21:44:54
    #

Login to Send PM

It was stuck on there for a time, but now it won’t stay on at all. I have another one that I had on my guest room bed. It fell off too. I stuck it between the box spring and mattress. Hope it will work in that position. I thought about double sided tape but don’t want to interfere with the efficiency of the monitor.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,568 posts in 46,605 topics over 142 months by 20,555 of 21,422 members. Latest: tjg, jm1985, Me33