Passive monitor questions PLEASE COMMENT :(

(5 posts)
  1. fighting

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Mon Dec 25 2017 19:47:21
    #

Login to Send PM

So I have been bb clear for 5 months and now they come back! 2 weeks ago i saw the exterminator on the same floor, I guess they come back from the other unit, bummer

After the first infestation, I have installed 4 climbup interceptors under my bed posts, I have a metal hollow bed. For some reason, the bedbugs were able to survive my interceptors and fed on me. My bed posts are super slippery, I also dust talc along them, so idk why they survived

Anyhow, I have a few questions, please help me, I am going crazy and don't know what to do

1. I intend to buy Blackout interceptors, they dont need talc so they should be easier to maintain. I also plan to buy the BBALert Passive monitor, but I remember David said in one of the posts that you should not use these two simultaneously. Say if, I tape the passive monitor to my metal headboard and put the interceptors under the legs, wouldnt it be more effective? In my brain I'm thinking that out of 10 bugs 2 will be able to cross the interceptors (or crawling onto the ceiling whatever) and reach me in my bed, then decide to stay around the bed rather than leaving it. After that they find the passive monitor and habor in there. That's like the perfect story in my brain but can someone criticize.comment on that?

2. I live in Canada and am desperate to get my hands on Cimexa. Sorry this isnt something new, someone already asks, but just wanted to update if you have any newer idea on how to buy it from Canada? Right now ebay.ca buy it for $21 plus $21 shipping. Can you get it from somewhere else for cheaper? Also, even if I buy it from ebay, can it get past custom?

PS: fighting bedbugs is such an exhausting battle guys! Especially when you live in apartments and dont have complete control of it. You dont get to choose the exterminator, don't get to choose the treatment type. And most importantly they keep coming back. I was really shocked when I got it the first time. It's like living in a modern world but still suffering from trauma.

Thank you so much for all your advice, anything is welcomed so please comment!

2. thirdusername

Posted 9 months ago
    Tue Dec 26 2017 0:37:46
    #

Login to Send PM

This sounds similar to me.
    I also live in Canada and have blackout interceptors.
    I bought them thinking they'd be 0 maintenance but then I read you have to keep them clean, a little dust and they are not smooth and can be climbed by bugs.
    You could be being bitten elsewhere, couch, computer chair.
    I am not happy with the landlord-supplied PCO but I am resigned to just having that.
    I need to read up on Ontario laws because I think they have been way too slow to treat plus they take way too long between treatments (in my opinion). Almost a month between 3rd and 4th treatments. They won't inspect and they won't treat unless I have proof. I didn't have proof for 17 days.
    I gave up on trying to get cimexa.
    I'm relying on the PCO and I don't want them to be able to claim my self treatment is why their treatment didn't work.
    I suspect my building has a problem but they won't say anything.
    There should at least be a sign in the laundry room saying to wash and dry on hot to help prevent the spread of bed bugs.

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.
  3. fighting

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Tue Dec 26 2017 20:12:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for your response!
    Ontario law only states that landlords are required to maintain a habitable environment. In terms of bed bugs, landlords are required to act in a timely manner but it never specifies how fast landlords must respond to you. My PCO comes in 2 week intervals which is fine but they ONLY TREAT infested units. And same here, landlords are not transparent about whether the building is infested.

Have you ever caught anything in your blackout interceptors though? I read other threads about interceptors failing and I'm a bit scared.

Also, I emailed the ebay seller and he says he ships Cimexa to Canada many times and never has a problem. I hope he doesnt lie! Here's the link if anyone wants to try. I myself has just spent 50 bucks ordering blackout interceptors so I dont think I can afford this in another month if the bed bugs are still here I'll probably order cimexa.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/CimeXa-Insecticide-Dust/201912966398?hash=item2f02f35cfe:g:GY0AAOSwPCVX9V~j

4. jacksonsi

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Tue Dec 26 2017 21:16:29
    #

Login to Send PM

If you can afford the Cimexa, definitely get it as soon as you can ! It's killing bed bugs rather than trying to catch them in a monitor.

5. fighting

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Wed Dec 27 2017 23:44:01
    #

Login to Send PM

I know right? But I'm also debating the effectiveness of Cimexa over DE. I remember David saying something like they don't have Cimexa in the UK and he doesnt need to use it either (please correct me if I'm wrong)

Anyway, I know many people vouch the effectiveness of Cimexa over DE in eliminating bed bugs (in addition to professional practices).

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,349 posts in 46,297 topics over 141 months by 20,409 of 21,248 members. Latest: nobugsinmanhattan, newbugpanic, berry1