Passive monitor question (again)

(8 posts)
  1. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Oct 17 2012 11:01:42
    #

Login to Send PM

To David Cain if possible please: I have the BB Passive Monitor on my bed. My question is, if I also put the Climb Up Interceptors on the legs as well - for detection purposes only - do you believe/think that will mess with the BB Passive Monitor or have no effect at all if something will hide there? (Can I be your 5,001?!)

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Oct 17 2012 12:11:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Still got a little way to go to hit 5000.

The reason why I don't recommend the two methods together is that they work in different ways.

Interception is about stopping bedbugs getting to you while Passive Monitors are all about detecting them quickly and giving them a place to hang out until you replace it.

You can use both but my question why would you.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Oct 17 2012 12:16:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Just "double" detection or trying to detect them as quickly as possible. Thanks!

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Oct 17 2012 12:28:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

In my experience the most efficient way to detect them is not to make them climb an obstacle course, for me it's always been about leaving the environment as natural as possible to aid detection.

David

5. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Oct 17 2012 12:43:25
    #

Login to Send PM

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/do-climbups-make-bugs-disperse

Here is a discussion from about six months ago...regarding David's last several posts, I think there was extensive field testing and David decided not to market the product. I may be wrong and it's a new product, but didn't want to get anyone excited over a six month old post.

When we complain about the costs of packtite and monitoring tools, I try to remember that a lot of the inventions never make it to market or are tested for years to improve them before marketing.

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  6. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Oct 17 2012 13:00:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks TheyAreOutThere. Mr. Cain, are you still working on the product? Just not "there" yet?

7. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Oct 17 2012 13:12:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I can't talk about that product just yet as there is a sensitive negotiation underway but I will talk about it as soon as I can.

David

8. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Oct 17 2012 13:13:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Yay, Yay, Yay I hope soon!!!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,263 posts in 50,153 topics over 155 months by 21,923 of 22,419 members. Latest: frustrated1970, duracell, Parawail