Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Passive monitor placement help needed please.

(5 posts)
  1. Angelinny

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Oct 12 2015 11:29:12
    #

Login to Send PM

I just purchased a passive monitor but I have a matress only on the floor.
    I read somewhere that I could place half under the matress and leave the other half out.

Just a few questions if soneone could help.

1). Wouldn't it get squished under the matress?

2). What about placing it on carpet? Would that cause little spaces between the monitor ( where it was stuck on the carpet) for any bedbugs to go under? With the carpet not being a flat surface, they can just crawl under, no?

3) if that is not the ideal place to put a passive monitor, where next?

My matress is on the floor and seperates by 7 inches from the wall.

At the head of the matress, 7 inches away where the wall to wall carpet and the wall meets, is a baseboard for heat. This runs along the wall
    There is wall to wall carpeting.
    About 4 inches to the right of the corner of the matress, the heating baseboard ends.
    Should I put the monitor against the wall here?

Any help woukd be greatly appreciated!
    Thank you!

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Oct 12 2015 15:33:35
    #

Login to Send PM

The directions for "mattress on floor, no bed frame" are given in this thread:
    http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/mattress-on-floor-bb-passive-placement-other-help#post-184706

David Cain writes,

"To that end you could use a Passive Monitor as you have suggested. In cases where there is no bed frame the Passive Monitor is placed at the head end of the sleeping arrangement in the same orientation as the mattress with 50% of the monitor outside the mattress and 50% of it under the mattress."

So that information is correct.

I don't think you have to worry about the mattress crushing the passive.

I don't know about the carpet/hear questions.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. Angelinny

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Oct 12 2015 16:12:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you nobugsonme!

So now I just need to know if the space between the carpet where I'll stick it and the monitor is ideal since the bb s will likely be able to squeaze right under.

Maybe I shoukd just stick it on a wall closest to the head of the matress on the floor as low as possible.

I hope for more replies. Thank you all

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Oct 12 2015 16:57:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The correct install is as described above and as per the diagram embedded below:

PassiveMonitorInstallMattressOnly<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

In response to your questions:

1. No, the design of the product and the way that people's weight is distributed on a mattress has been taken into account and normal use will not damage the product or reduce its effectiveness.

2. No there is a lot more that bedbugs are looking for than just the first available crack to slip into. We have a lot of field data that shows that bedbugs regularly relocate from existing harbourages into the Passive Monitor leaving signs on the detection skirt as they do so.

3. Answered above with the correct placement information.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  5. Angelinny

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Oct 12 2015 17:43:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you bedbugscouk!

Got it. Will keep you all posted.

I appreciate all the help.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,409 posts in 50,189 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams