Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tools/ideas for fighting bed bugs

Passive monitor on Ikea couch? David!

(4 posts)
  1. nomorebuggs

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Mar 29 2017 18:16:36
    #

Login to Send PM

So, after having clear passives on our boxsprings for three weeks, mom and I are comfortable that we don't have bbs. I'm letting things feel normal again and we both will be traveling again soon. But, we did notice that we both sometimes (er, often) doze off on our couches and want to monitor them for the future. One has a dust cover on the bottom, and we can place a passive as I have seen recommended.

The other is an Ikea Ektorp couch with no dust cover on the bottom and a slipcover that grazes the floor. How should the passive be placed on this couch style? Along the front panel under the slip cover, laying vertically? Along the backside of the front panel vertically? It seems impossible to attach the passive laying horizontally along the underside for this couch.

Thanks!

Not an expert. Any advice I give is information gleaned via anxiety-fueled research of credible sources and expert posts here. Please research all advice before treating and consult a professional.
  2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Mar 30 2017 10:54:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Could you possibly provide a picture or check with the gallery below for a comparison situation.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsjQYxVmE

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. nomorebuggs

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Mar 30 2017 18:23:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Not my images, but same exact couch.

All the inner workings are exposed underneath with no dustcover to properly affix a monitor to.

No slip cover

Covered

Underside

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Apr 4 2017 8:48:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Sorry I cant mark this images as I would ideally do because I would need to get permission to do so from the author.

If you look here:

https://flic.kr/s/aHsjQYxVmE

You can see the normal install sites. In your case with the dust cover missing you install on the front edge behind the most occupied seat on the sofa.

Hope that explains.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,922 posts in 50,063 topics over 155 months by 21,886 of 22,374 members. Latest: kslone1006, Hex999, Gauned