(5 posts)
  1. endless_nightmare

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Mar 12 2014 19:34:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello

A couch was donated to me, it comes from a very good source, a woman I volunteer with had gotten it for her daughter but the daughter ended up not liking it, her boyfriend was king enough to haul it to my small place

I found an ikea link for it
    http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/S59927588/

It's kind of a loveseat type deal. Anyway, where would be the best place for my Passive Monitor?

Between the cushions that we sit on and the couch? I guess I could also place it underneath but it would be more difficult to check.

I'm certain this question has been asked before for all sorts of couches. Apologies in advance.

Andrea
    not a PCO
    Spinal Cord Injury Advocacy/Volunteer
  2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Mar 13 2014 10:01:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Andrea,

As you can see from the image below the install is under the front leading edge:

install location for Passive Monitor on a sofa by bedbugscouk, on Flickr

I appreciate that this may be a difficult location for you to check alone but it is non the less the correct place to install. I would also recommend checking the pleats on the corners at the same times as you check the Passive Monitor as they can sometimes be a harbourage if an infested bag is placed touching the seat.

Hope that helps,

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. woahnellie

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Mar 13 2014 12:27:33
    #

Login to Send PM

quick question about the monitors. would you recommend applying them before or after treatment?

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Mar 13 2014 12:36:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi woahnellie,

They were always designed to be applied prior to the introduction of bedbugs as early detection leads to more efficient treatment. That process has grown into what we call "treatment by Passive Monitor replacement".

We do however use them in our treatment programs to adjunct the process. We have found it works best with non chemical treatments but if chemicals are to be used/are being used all you need do is clear away any residue within 6 - 9 inches of the install site.

Hope that helps.

David

5. endless_nightmare

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Mar 13 2014 15:43:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank-you very much David

as for the lifting, I'll ask my social worker, she now comes in every three weeks so that should be sufficient

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,754 posts in 49,796 topics over 154 months by 21,795 of 22,260 members. Latest: insecureuser, o0liver19, Laura07