Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Passive and active monitors

(3 posts)
  1. AlfUk

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Nov 28 2011 11:59:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello

Has anyone used the passive/active monitors? I am thinking of buying one but not sure if they are gimmicks/quick ways for making money. If anyone has reviews I would be grateful...

This is taking over my life...

Alison

2. sooverit

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Nov 28 2011 14:21:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Allison,

We have used an active (Co2) monitor in our bedroom twice with no result. Once it was for one week and once we used it for 5 days. We did not catch anything, unfortunately (I say unfortunately because something is biting me and we cannot find any evidence).

We also recently purchased passive monitors which have also not picked anything up. We are now entertaning the possibility that we a) don't have BBs or b) there are only one or two of them and they are not reproducing.

We get our second treatment this week.

3. AlfUk

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Nov 28 2011 15:14:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for your reply. The CO2 detector does seem logical to me but I'm not convinced as surely they need body heat as well as CO2 so your experience would confirm my doubts. You tried both and neither worked...may be you do not have the bugs??? They have us all going around in circles!!

It is so frustrating; these bugs are so tricky. You say you have no evidence and are about to have a second treatment? Did you have one treatment then continue to be bitten?

I wish you luck.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,691 posts in 49,781 topics over 154 months by 21,790 of 22,255 members. Latest: bedbugsonthebrain, Worried-bedbugger, Smacker82