Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

Paranoid about living in an apartment?

(3 posts)
  1. CourtsMagorts14

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Feb 6 2018 20:34:57
    #

Login to Send PM

This is going to sound ridiculous but hear me out. I don’t have a bed bug problem but how do I keep paranoia about my neighbors at bay? I have one below and one on each side. People are moving in and out all the time and every time I see a moving truck or every time I see a neighbor’s car gone overnight (eg they’re sleeping elsewhere and could possibly bring them back) I panic and obsessively check everywhere for B.B. signs.

Am I really that at risk simply by living in an apt complex?

2. Rose101

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Feb 6 2018 22:14:27
    #

Login to Send PM

I am new here but I think for peace of mind you can use the DE powder (its non toxic and does a great job keeping ants and fleas at bay as well) as a preventative. I am batteling them now and already planning that for when they are gone. I’ll use it in the yard too come spring. Hope I’ve helped

3. thirdusername

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Feb 7 2018 1:13:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Keep your apartment free of clutter.
    Vacuum once a week.
    Wash and dry most clothes/bedding on hot.
    You're much better off if you catch a problem early.
    Try not to worry.

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

270,501 posts in 44,036 topics over 133 months by 19,282 of 19,911 members. Latest: trez1336, Aegis_, paulsinn