Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Paranoid

(10 posts)
  1. Elindell2001

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Wed Jan 16 2019 12:27:22
    #

Login to Send PM

So i have been paranoid that i have bed bugs after being around them almost two years ago. I have since moved to a new place for the last 8 months. I can find no signs of them. I sleep in a long shirt tucked into a pair of pants with my pants bottom tucked into my socks. Id i am in my apartment this is how i am. Theory is that it retricts where they can go making it easier to find them. However i am finding single red dots about the size of the tip of a sharpie. Usually only one not multiples. Given all this what are the odds that they would consitently find a way inside my pants and ignore all the bare skin.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 months ago
    Wed Jan 16 2019 12:39:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The only way to combat that stress and anxiety is to learn and understand about the problem and what to look for. While it can be a tough subject for many the reality is that we are not scared of the things we understand.

This means learning to look for:

• Live samples
    • Cast skins
    • Faecal traces

This rules out anything that would be red in colour as fresh red blood spots more typically indicate other issues.

It also can be helpful to build routine rather than fuelling fear and doing sensible things well rather than giving in tot he emotional highs and lows.

Hope that helps and by all means post pictures so we can help confirm what you are seeing.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 7 months ago
    Wed Jan 16 2019 12:57:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Possible exposure two years ago?
    Why are you tormenting yourself for no reason?

4. Elindell2001

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Wed Jan 16 2019 20:13:30
    #

Login to Send PM

This is what i see. Only one with more than one together. I had a definite exposure. But about 3 months ago i was on a bus. Got off the bus, came in the apartment had to use the rr. Within a few minutes there was a fully fed bedbug on the toilet. Of course i am near positive it came from the bus it retriggered my anxiety. I can find no live bugs, shed skins, or fecal stains. I am now using interceptor d and after 5 days nothing.

5. Elindell2001

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Thu Jan 17 2019 18:06:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Any thoughts on the marks? Sometimes I fear this has gone into a full blown phobia

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 months ago
    Thu Jan 17 2019 19:25:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Ankles are not a typical bite location for a bus exposure as ankles are usually covered while seating. There was a paper about it many years ago and seat design makes it unlikely.

The other reason fit bedbugs in bathrooms is spread from adjoining units.

Hope that helps.

David

7. Elindell2001

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Thu Jan 17 2019 21:26:01
    #

Login to Send PM

The main problem is even at home i am always wearing socks tucked in. As gor the bus exposure that was in the summer and i believe it had bit me around my waist as i sm not skinny and my back had been showing.

As far as the pictures. During the previous exposure 2 years ago the bites were on my ankle when i would lay with my feet overvthe edge of the bed. The bites then were about the size of decent mosquito bites. What i have now are small dots in comparison. Any thoughts on the pic? Eith my legs snd feet always covered i cant figure out how a bb would evrn get there. Thank you again for your time

8. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 months ago
    Thu Jan 17 2019 23:34:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I can only confirm that this is not bedbugs that caused this on your ankle.

David

9. Elindell2001

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Fri Jan 18 2019 0:50:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you again. I really appreciate it. Sometimes I think I search to much. I question every mark on my body. Not sure where to turn to for the psychological aspect of this. Would really like to get back to not thinking about it daily.

10. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 months ago
    Fri Jan 18 2019 1:11:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Have a look at the anxiety management and relaxation resources on my home site. As far as I know they are the only resources specifically designed to help with bedbug issues.

Oddly enough I have been chatting with someone in Canada about some well being resources for those dealing with bedbug related issues but it’s likely to be a year or so out.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,483 posts in 49,273 topics over 152 months by 21,594 of 22,016 members. Latest: evil11, Airbnbug, junojunk