Paranoia or Return of B.B.?

(5 posts)
  1. ParanoidandExhausted

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Dec 30 2017 0:10:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok, so about 2-3 months ago, I was up late and a particularly bold bed bug traipsed across my pillow as I stood in front of my bed. I had never seen bed bugs before, and had no signs I had them, but have always had a fear of getting them (so I knew EXACTLY what it was when I saw it), so I grabbed it and bagged it and called a PCO immediately. The PCO came the next day and inspected our entire apartment, and told me that had I not had the bug in the bag, he wouldn’t have even recommended we treat, because he checked the beds, frames, crevices, etc, and found nothing - no fecal stains, no bugs, nothing.....

But because I found the bug and he confirmed it was a B.B., we had the place treated twice, with 10 Days in between. I never saw another bug after the first one that prompted the call. I also haven’t found any evidence of them, and neither did the PCO after the final treatment. I have since moved to a new place, and got rid of a lot (though, not everything), and got encasements for my mattress and box spring.

Still no signs of bugs, however (and the real reason for this post) is that I am still CONSTANTLY paranoid about them returning. Every little brush of air or tingle I feel on my skin prompts me to grab a flashlight and search my entire bed or couch or what have you. I have found a few bites, or skin reactions (who knows if they are even bug bites), and I ASSUME they are bed bug bites if they are at all itchy, red, etc. This is fairly recent, mind you, and I never found bites on my body when the treatment process was actually happening.

I’m at the point where i feel like I want to have ANOTHER PCO come in and inspect, or that I need to fill my house with climb ups.

Am I paranoid? Is it possible that I just caught one hitchhiker and that I’m now inventing an infestation that may have never happened or gotten that far? Or is it possible that I have an infestation that I and the PCO both just cannot find?

Sincerely, woman on the edge of a nervous breakdown

2. ParanoidandExhausted

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Dec 30 2017 11:39:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Bump

I called a PCO to come out and recheck next week. My mind can’t take the not knowing

3. bitethebullet

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Dec 30 2017 14:02:48
    #

Login to Send PM

I think it’s fairly common to be paranoid for months after. What are you doing to monitor other than just looking? Visual inspections are pretty low in determining whether or not you have an infection I think.

“I’ve got edge!”

“You’re about as edgy as a satsuma.”
  4. Helerown

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Dec 30 2017 15:02:17
    #

Login to Send PM

All I have to say is the paranoia is real, so I understand how you feel 100%. I never even saw a living bedbug in my place but had many signs of them and decided to treat my place anyway. People think I'm crazy for doing that but I would've went to crazyville never to return if I didn't treat.

5. thirdusername

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Dec 31 2017 10:51:00
    #

Login to Send PM

I think you had a lone hitchhiker.
    I think everyone should look for them.

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,754 posts in 49,796 topics over 154 months by 21,795 of 22,260 members. Latest: insecureuser, o0liver19, Laura07