Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

Paranoia is the worst parasite

(4 posts)
  1. Itsgoingtobefine

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Nov 14 2018 16:07:25
    #

Login to Send PM

I moved away from a minor infestation a few days ago, we had three treatments in our old apartement. Our lease was up so we had to move. And I thought I was handling the bb anxiety quite well before but now... i’m back. I am itching like crazy. I inspect my body at every sensory feeling.I am obsessed again. I can’t study. I am so scared that I brought them with me. I dream about them every night. Nightmares. My therapist doesn’t have any available appointments until the end of this month. Help. I feel crazy.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Nov 14 2018 16:24:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Release some bees in your apartment, that'll take the focus off of bed bugs.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Nov 14 2018 20:02:29
    #

Login to Send PM

You’re not crazy. It may make you worry for a while until you’re sure they’re in the past. Bed bug monitors may help reassure you, and checking these and inspecting once a week is a good plan, rather than obsessively checking daily. Make that therapist’s appointment and maybe ask if they’ll call if they can fit you in sooner?

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Nov 15 2018 10:52:19
    #

Login to Send PM

What you're experiencing is not all that rare. Hyper-sensitivity, phantom bug sensations, paranoia, all signs of the dreaded Head Bug. The Head Bug is the aftermath of dealing with bed bugs, though not an actual creature it is very real to a great deal of people, so don't feel like you're a freak, there are plenty of other folks that are still suffering even after their infestation has been eradicated.
    Treat yourself to something nice, a good dinner, a night out with friends, a drug bender; okay, maybe not that last one, but you get the point. You've been through a stressful situation, you deserve to reward yourself.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,406 posts in 50,189 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams