Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Paranoia

(5 posts)
  1. blackavar

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Mar 16 2012 12:51:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Just to rant, and somehow reassure myself. My infestation happened in 2010, and though I was successful in ridding my home of BBs, I've become very paranoid. These days I've begun having bites again, increasing in number. My cat sleeps on the bed so the first suspicion: fleas. My DIY flea trap (lamp above a dish of soapy water) caught one flea. No others for the next nights. But am having more bites, especially after I sprayed my cat with Frontline. Did her fleas desert her for me? Bites are very itchy, and scab when scratched This is how I commonly react to fleas. (My 2010 bed bug bites, on the other hand, remained like very itchy pimples, never rupturing into a wound however I scratched) Do bed bug bite reactions differ with each encounter or specimen?

Occam's razor also points to fleas. But still.

2. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Mar 16 2012 17:42:01
    #

Login to Send PM

How did you confirm Bed Bugs in 2010?

3. blackavar

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Mar 19 2012 10:37:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi KillerQueen. In 2010, my husband caught one. It was big and fat. I had been getting bites for some nights and when I saw it, I broke into a cold sweat. I self-treated using delta dust, and seems like I had an early infestation and got them all.

Could I have both bedbugs and fleas this time? Can't find any evidence of BBs, though the bites are about driving me out of my mind, although strong evidence points to fleas.

4. blackavar

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Mar 25 2012 14:03:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Update for those looking in: It is fleas, and there are so many of them. Two days ago, I caught close to 40 fleas from the floor of my bedroom. Began vacuuming like mad, and now there are no visible fleas on the bedroom floor, but I still get bites. I live in a 3-storey house and maybe the fleas move with me from room to room. Anyway, battle's only beginning. I feel exhausted and weepy and depressed, but still thankful it's not bed bugs.

5. bedbughomework

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Mar 25 2012 14:14:55
    #

Login to Send PM

I was actually praying that my problem was head lice. Can you imagine wanting head lice? I guess this is our new state of mind. Any bug is better than a bed bug. Hope you get rid of the fleas quickly!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,805 posts in 50,043 topics over 155 months by 21,876 of 22,362 members. Latest: jnnafnlys01, simo7, Datnguyen