Panicking

(5 posts)
  1. alwayschecking

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Mar 4 2019 12:58:47
    #

Login to Send PM

So I just posted last night about being constantly worried about bed bugs since we have dealt with them in the past. I go into work today (I’m a teacher) and low and behold I find a bed bug crawling on the wall when working with a group of students. I captured it on tape and showed it to my principal who is handling the situation. They are bringing an exterminator in to id it who will then spray if needed. I put my coat and bags in the dryer at school and will take my clothes off in my garage before I go in my house (which I do everyday anyway) any other advice??

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Mar 4 2019 13:14:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Seems like an odd setting to find a bed bug.

3. alwayschecking

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Mar 4 2019 13:38:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Many of our students have them in their homes and they bring them to school. Other teachers I work with have found them too.

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Mar 4 2019 14:27:59
    #

Login to Send PM

When is the exterminator coming for the ID? With carpeting and baseboards and small desks and chairs and clothing and bookbags, exposed on a wall is not where I'd expect to find a bed bug. I've found them in odd places from time to time.
    I would wait for a proper ID before moving beyond your stated plan.

5. alwayschecking

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Mon Mar 4 2019 15:46:05
    #

Login to Send PM

I asked my principal at the end of the day and he said he would check on when the exterminator would be coming. I don’t know I’m almost positive that’s what it was. Maybe crawled off one of the kids? I just want to be sure I’m doing everything I can to not bring them home

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

286,532 posts in 47,701 topics over 147 months by 21,020 of 21,346 members. Latest: pray4mojo, yassine, tsm