Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

panicing a bit -- a lot-- moving/packtiting question

(2 posts)
  1. AshamedandScratching

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Sep 14 2011 12:28:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Packtite reassurance: I'm running books in my packtite for 8 hours while I'm at work. My mantra is hot to the touch and if it's still warm four hours after shut off I believe it's trustable.

I've heated and ziplocked and boxed stuff in plastics that I've taped shut. I've inspected and ziplocked and bagged stuff. I've bagged my plastics for storage and transit after inspection.

I'm using drop clothes on top of floors/infested furnishings and contractor covers for my shoes during the move on my current end. Then more drop clothes at the new apartment.

I'm heading backwards now treating stuff I bagged before treatment began to make sure they are nuked first.

I'm tossing all small appliances (due to the signs of mice infestation in the kitchen, I don't feel safe taking without packtiting). I packtited my sewing machines yesterday, hoping that they are more machine than electronic.

I'm concerned that I won't get my clothes back from storage at the Cleaners before the move. After having been stored open for nearly two months, I wanna treat them first. Will ziplocking and bagging them in heavy duty garbage bags downstairs before carrying them inside be enough?

Should I keep items in ziplocks that have been treated once I'm there? Or should I treat again and start living like a normal person with greater bug savvy?

Sorry I'm freaking but I feel like I am not doing something totally correctly. I don't understand something important about the bugs to stop myself from spreading them, I fear.

2. BugsMustDie

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Sep 14 2011 19:57:12
    #

Login to Send PM

I think keeping the clothes sealed until you're able to treat them is fine. Double bagging is an excellent idea since moving can increase the chance of things getting damaged and you don't want to risk getting a hole in a bag in transit. Just make sure to label the things you haven't treated so you don't mix it up in all the chaos and of course, try to treat it as soon as possible.

As long as you're certain your new place doesn't have bugs and you've made sure to treat everything, live your life. I'm glad you were able to get out of that place and I hope you never have to deal with them again.
    - Best

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,330 posts in 50,174 topics over 155 months by 21,930 of 22,427 members. Latest: nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo, Ctired14