Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Pack Tite (Packtite) Placement

(6 posts)
  1. Sleepless in NYC

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Apr 27 2012 14:59:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Going to be travelling for work again, so good old pack tite is making an appearance again.
    Is it ok to lay the packtite on top of a glass table? The glass table won't crack from the heat will it?
    Thanks.

2. MyWorstFear

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Apr 27 2012 20:15:57
    #

Login to Send PM

I guess it would depend upon how thin the glass is and how it's supported, but I would not put a packtite on top of a glass table because I think it might get too heavy for the glass to support, especially if you put a suitcase in it. I suppose if you were to just packtite a really light load, you might get away with it, but why chance it? Why do you feel you need to have the packtite raised up from the floor?

3. Sleepless in NYC

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Apr 28 2012 21:34:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for your response. I wanted to put the packtite on top of the glass coffee table to avoid getting carpet fibers all over the casing of the packtite. i was more concerned with whether the heat would crack the glass (1/4" thick) rather than the glass supporting the weight as i never put anything that heavy inside packtite. I usually take everything out of suitcase and keep suitcase in plastic bag until the contents of it that i took out is packtited. then i put the suitcase (overnight case) separately.

4. MyWorstFear

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Apr 29 2012 0:02:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Maybe you could put a thick towel or two between the Packtite and the glass table? If you're just worried about the carpet fibers, it might just be easier and less worrisome to keep the Packtite on the floor and vacuum or use a lint roller device on the bottom (outside) of it when you're done.

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Apr 29 2012 2:03:21
    #

Login to Send PM

I would be worried about a glass table, both the weight and the heat.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  6. Sleepless in NYC

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat May 5 2012 3:24:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks myworstfear and no bugs!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

281,596 posts in 46,831 topics over 143 months by 20,661 of 21,560 members. Latest: tbhno, idontlikebugssc, Wulfythekid