Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tools/ideas for fighting bed bugs

Packtiting tarot cards? Can I successfully?

(15 posts)

Tags:

1. AshamedandScratching

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 8 2011 11:01:51
    #

Login to Send PM

See above. Thank you!

2. buggyinsocal

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 8 2011 12:12:44
    #

Login to Send PM

I can't see why you couldn't.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 8 2011 12:28:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Unless they were made of some kind of sensitive material (eg antique tarot cards that could not stand being heated to 140 F or so). Most paper is just fine at that temperature.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  4. buggyinsocal

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 8 2011 12:33:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Exactly.

Fair warning: thermal paper (which is still widely used for receipts) does NOT do well in a Packtite if you want to read the receipt afterwards.

Just FYI.

I've never seen tarot cards printed on thermal paper, though. They'd be a pain to shuffle.

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 8 2011 12:34:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Could you not do a reading first to predict if it will work, LOL OK joking aside.

As others have said as long as the materials are not sensitive to heat it should be no different to a book.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  6. AshamedandScratching

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 8 2011 14:38:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks guys! Does anyone have a sense if the maximum load of paper it can handle?

I've figured out the size piles I can do for garmets and hit 120 for two hours, but I'm wondering how many books could be done in that time?

7. evervigilant

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 8 2011 15:00:48
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't know the maximum load but I do routinely Packtite books. I buy a lot of used books - both current books (hardback and paperback) and antique collectibles. I put the end of the temperature sensor in the middle of the thickest book, in the center stack of books, and then hit the four hour button for the Packtite. Usually, around the two hour mark, the temperature reaches 120. I then keep it going for a full hour at 120 degrees before turning it off. I have had no problems so far

8. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 8 2011 15:28:46
    #

Login to Send PM

I would think that unless you had quite a lot of cards, or an intricate box, you could just inspect and debug cards by running your hand over the front and back surface and the edges. You could also probably apply pressure to a stack and smash anything living in it.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)
  9. AshamedandScratching

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 8 2011 19:21:16
    #

Login to Send PM

3 decks. ;-).

Honestly, I'm moving into that paranoid stage where I don't trust my own eyes.

I didn't see anything on my computer yesterday, but I keep wanting to pull it out of the bag to check it again.

10. djames1921

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 8 2011 21:44:56
    #

Login to Send PM

The advice above is sound, , though i do like Mr. Cain's advice of having a reading first. Or perhaps you could give readings to those on the board, let them know how much longer they will have to deal with bed bugs. Oh No! the 9 of swords, your infestation will continue another month..........

Disclaimer I make the Packtite

11. Winston O. Buggy

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 8 2011 23:12:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Since the process used by the packtite is that of heat which occurs naturally as one of the elements there should be no distortion in future use I would imagine.

12. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Aug 9 2011 1:23:57
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 12 hours ago  » 
    Could you not do a reading first to predict if it will work, LOL OK joking aside.

13. darkthorn

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Aug 9 2011 4:10:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Hit your decks with a hammer.. not so hard that you will ruin the cards but hard enough to kill anything in them. I've found that although BB seem to be immune to a lot of things... direct physical force is not one of them! Also seal them up in a zip-lock bag or 2 after, if you remove the air you will be able to tell if the seal has broken pretty quickly. (I have quite a few decks.. thanks to my gram, lol)

14. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Aug 9 2011 11:27:33
    #

Login to Send PM

darkthorn - 7 hours ago  » 
    Hit your decks with a hammer.. not so hard that you will ruin the cards but hard enough to kill anything in them. I've found that although BB seem to be immune to a lot of things... direct physical force is not one of them! Also seal them up in a zip-lock bag or 2 after, if you remove the air you will be able to tell if the seal has broken pretty quickly. (I have quite a few decks.. thanks to my gram, lol)

If you have access to a Packtite, I think this is far preferable to pounding on the items.

15. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Aug 9 2011 13:12:59
    #

Login to Send PM

That would lead to a marked deck. And if you want to prevent re infestation, sure, bag them, but one bag should be fine.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,330 posts in 50,174 topics over 155 months by 21,930 of 22,427 members. Latest: nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo, Ctired14