Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

packtite - unattended for 5-10 minutes?

(2 posts)
  1. bbh

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Jul 7 2010 11:40:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Can I leave this unattended for a few minutes to go down to building laundry room in basement, say? Also - if something just grazes side of unit (say, a large plastic bag) is that a problem? I.e., I'm not packing it all the tightly; just that when the bag is formless, it's hard to keep it from drifting to the side a bit. Also - directions say no plastic tubs. Are we sure that they will over insulate if kept open? Advantage would be that they keep things neat and tidy (and non-drifting)in there. Thx.

2. bushbugg

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Jul 8 2010 1:31:27
    #

Login to Send PM

bbh - 13 hours ago  » 
    Can I leave this unattended for a few minutes to go down to building laundry room in basement, say? Also - if something just grazes side of unit (say, a large plastic bag) is that a problem? I.e., I'm not packing it all the tightly; just that when the bag is formless, it's hard to keep it from drifting to the side a bit. Also - directions say no plastic tubs. Are we sure that they will over insulate if kept open? Advantage would be that they keep things neat and tidy (and non-drifting)in there. Thx.

For legal reasons, the firm that makes packtites has to put all the safety disclaimers and very strict directions in the manual. and they should be followed.
    Im not telling you to disobey the manual, but I am telling you I have left mine going in another room. I would feel comfortable running to my basement within the first hour of use, when the temp is below a hundred degrees. But this is me with my unit, that has been running smoothly for a while.

I think if things touch the edges they might contact enough cool air through the canvas that they could create a cool air bedbug survival pocket, which is why the manual asks you not to touch the sides.
    As for plastic tubs, I have run a few small tubs through, but empty them and treat them as a whole object, I do not treat objects in a tub in the pack tite. Make sense? Then I repack the tub and seal the tub up in a plastic contractor bag or other container.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,333 posts in 50,175 topics over 155 months by 21,930 of 22,427 members. Latest: nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo, Ctired14