Packtite travel questions and possible assistance for Canadians

(3 posts)
  1. Notsolucky

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Sep 23 2010 15:56:46
    #

Login to Send PM

A couple of years back dh and I thought we had picked up BB's from a trip. It turned out that we didnt have them in our home but rather we were getting bitten elsewhere. Fortunately for us, and as a result of this board and the pro's we dealt with we are now more educated about bb's.

We will be travelling frequently over the next year and dont wish to bring any home with us. I came back on this board to see what the status of the packtite in Canada was, and found they still wont ship to Canada because of the CSA standards. As a result I have contacted our border services and looked at the legislation and confirmed that there is no bar for an individual purchasing a packtite and bringing it over themselves, or arranging to ship it on there own for their own use, which is what I intend to do. We have access to a US po box, and will simply bring it over from there. That said of course if anyone does this they should be very cautious when using because if a fire were to occur as a result one's homeowners insurance would not cover them(and if one were an apartment dweller they could be liable for damages). For us its a work around worthy of risk.

My question is this....for those who use a packtite for travel...our luggage will simply be too large(two large rolling suitcases and two large rolling garment bags) for the packtite. I will certainly put the contents in, but dont wish to tie up the luggage for 18 months in ziplocs(we'll need it more often)...so what can be done if anything with them other than inspecting them ?

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Sep 23 2010 16:43:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Be aware that word this week is the Packtite is expected to be for sale in Canada soon.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. Notsolucky

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Sep 23 2010 22:34:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks nobugs....you dont know by chance if they're going to be making any other sizes do you? Measured all 4 pieces of our luggage and only 3 would fit : (

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,822 posts in 50,044 topics over 155 months by 21,876 of 22,362 members. Latest: jnnafnlys01, simo7, Datnguyen