Packtite Thermometer Recommendation

(1 post)
  1. OutOutDarnBugs

Posted 10 months ago
    Sat Nov 24 2018 18:29:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello everyone!

The trusty thermometer that came with my Packtite SC last spring has bitten the dust. I changed the batteries and everything, but it seems to be an issue with the probe (it keeps reading LO and then quickly alternating between numbers).

I was wondering if anyone had a thermometer that they used that they liked and could recommend? The ones that I have found at big box stores (Home Depot, Lowes, etc.) haven't had long enough wires for the probe to fit in the middle of the machine and the reader to fit on the floor. Additionally, the reviews on Amazon for the most common ones have been so hit or miss- many customers say that the readings are inconsistent, which is definitely not something I want! (and sadly, they don't make the original Taylor 1522 anymore that came with the first round of Packtites!).

Any recommendations for reliable thermometers would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,816 posts in 49,812 topics over 154 months by 21,801 of 22,267 members. Latest: Purplebrain, MrBedbug, Pioneer47