Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Packtite shutting down before getting hot?

(4 posts)
  1. Astra

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Oct 27 2014 23:44:27
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm on the second heater for my PackTite 2 (the first one failed in less than a month) and I just walked in to check on a load and found that the heater had shut off with the thermometer reading only 109. I I had been sure to leave the ends of the box clear as instructed, and it wasn't particularly full. I understand that the heater will turn itself off temporarily if it overheats, but it shouldn't be doing that at such a low temperature. There's several feet of open space between the heater and the back wall, but as an experiment I've tried putting a desk fan blowing perpendicular to the heater's intake path to make sure it has cool intake air. Any other suggestions?

On a related note, the previous load reached 120 degrees with no trouble and I set the timer for an hour; when it went off, the thermometer was at a nice safe 129, but the heater was off. I know from experience that the thermometer temp will drop from 140 or so to <120 quite quickly with the heater off. I'm worried that it may be cycling in and out of the needed killing range while I'm out of the room. I can bring it into my office where I can keep an eye on it, but I'd really hoped to keep it on my climbup-trap-equipped bed to keep bugs off the outside of the PackTite. Any thoughts?

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Oct 28 2014 5:38:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I would suggest you direct the questions to PackTite via their website, they are very responsive to customer questions.

Hope that helps.

David

3. djames1921

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Oct 28 2014 11:36:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Just sent you a pm with my direct contact details.

Thanks,

David James

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Oct 28 2014 11:40:39
    #

Login to Send PM

A prime example of good customer service.

David

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,655 posts in 49,519 topics over 153 months by 21,698 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982