Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Packtite question...

(8 posts)
  1. nervousness

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 30 2011 20:36:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Can bb crawl out of packtite when it is heating up to optimal death temps??? Just curious as to whether I should worry about the little hole where the cord comes out. Thanks!!

2. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 30 2011 20:41:11
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't have the link to the thread but this was discussed. The air in the packtite is hotter than the items in the packtite (which take longer to heat...that's why he says to start out at 70 degrees..it quickens the heating process). They will crawl into the cooler area and then..by the time the item gets hot..the outside air is even hotter and they don't move.

In the event that one did get to the wire (where the hole is), a piece of it is metal and hot.

Almost forgot to say...a lot of people have never found a BB in their packtite..and it was explained they may be in an item..dead. Someone once saw cast skin in theirs and was told it was likely from an item that had the cast in it.

One of the things that got me to get a packtite is that I was doing the dryer thing for my coat, purse, etc. and had been pretty hit or miss with it (if I went out to a movie...definitely..every day...no). One day, I was standing by the dryer and I took my little Bagellini (spelling) cloth wallet type purse out and open the snap. I happened to turn it over (looking for stains) and saw something out of the corner of my eye. It was a very, very tiny little bug like thing that had been inside where you snap your purse (dead). No idea what it was. I don't have BBs (or think I don't given how it sneaks up on people), but that got me to want to go a step further.

Good luck

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  3. nervousness

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 30 2011 20:45:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you.

4. blargg

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 30 2011 22:09:47
    #

Login to Send PM

In short, bedbugs tend to go deeper into items as they heat up to seek refuge in cooler spots.

Most likely, they would not risk a trip across a hot inferno air gap to reach the outside.

5. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 30 2011 22:20:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Well said, Blargg.

6. nervousness

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Oct 30 2011 22:51:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, guys.

7. djames1921

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 31 2011 7:51:33
    #

Login to Send PM

You guys are getting better than me :), exactly right.

Disclaimer: I make the Packtite, and many of my customers may now actually know more about it than me.

8. bbgirl

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 31 2011 8:08:35
    #

Login to Send PM

One thing that is easy to forget is that bedbugs don't have the power to reason......don't think "what would I do if I were a bedbug?" They only have instinct

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,214 posts in 50,140 topics over 155 months by 21,919 of 22,414 members. Latest: Bigworm, Cain69, Bery10