packtite purchasing question

(5 posts)
  1. RNinNYC

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun May 24 2015 19:02:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey all-
    Have been debating purchasing the Packtite for the past 4 months and some upcoming travel has pushed me over the edge. I believe that the only two available models are the Packtite 2 and the Packtite Closet. Keeping the price difference in mind (but not as the final determining factor), how have people found these two models and if you were going to do it again, which would you chose?
    Thanks in advance

2. RNinNYC

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon May 25 2015 21:02:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Would also be open to other products... thanks

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon May 25 2015 22:08:14
    #

Login to Send PM

I only have a Packtite Closet, but I like it because you can hang things on hangers in it, which speeds things up considerably (compared with treating folded items, which is slower). To give an example, a down jacket reaches 120F in about 20 minutes while hanging in the Closet in my experience (and then you leave it running an hour).

Also it can accommodate small furniture items (eg nightstands), which has come in handy.

(Disclosure: for anyone not aware, this site runs ads for Packtite and other bed bug heaters/ovens, for example in the Useful Tools page, and I run this site. More info. on the disclosure policy here.)

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  4. bbnewbie123

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue May 26 2015 4:40:34
    #

Login to Send PM

That is good to know! How long do you think the down jacket would take in the smaller packtite?

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed May 27 2015 0:39:17
    #

Login to Send PM

bbnewbie123 - 19 hours ago  » 
    That is good to know! How long do you think the down jacket would take in the smaller packtite?

I haven't tried that. But I have done folded down items like comforters which take a much longer time. Of course, they are bigger than folded down jackets.

Maybe someone else with a Packtite or Packtite 2 can weigh in on time-to-120F for a folded down coat.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,690 posts in 49,530 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982