Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tools/ideas for fighting bed bugs

PackTite Passive Bed Bug Monitor question

(4 posts)
  1. bugged-cdn

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Jul 21 2014 15:35:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Do people who set up these monitors usually find out that they have BB by checking the monitor and finding evidence earlier than through waking up with new bites?

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Jul 21 2014 15:42:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Bites are not reliable or accurate so yes people do notice their signs on the detection skirt before confirming skin reactions.

The best illustration however are the hotels who use a system based on them to detect infestations prior to guest complaints.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. bugged-cdn

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Jul 21 2014 15:50:03
    #

Login to Send PM

It does, thanks. I'm looking at your pictures re: optimal placement. I think I have it figured out.

4. bugged-cdn

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Jul 22 2014 12:39:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Follow up question. I'm reading the 14-day treatment protocol. I wonder if you could help me understand the reasons behind:

It is important that you do not attempt this procedure in the following circumstances:

- If you have been repeatedly treated for bedbugs using chemical, thermal or steam treatments and the bedbugs have returned after a period of no activity

- If you have experienced continual infestation for more than 6 months

- If you have not confirmed the infestation through the presence of
    - Live samples
    - Cast skins
    - Faecal traces

Why wouldn't the passive monitors work under these circumstances? Thank you.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,196 posts in 50,137 topics over 155 months by 21,918 of 22,413 members. Latest: Peachyy92, Bigworm, Cain69