(5 posts)
  1. toomuchbugs

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Oct 8 2013 21:06:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi all,

I have a question concerning the placement of the Packtite Passive (BB Alert) bedbug monitor:

For a bed without headboard and box spring, is it safer to stick the monitor 1) on the wall if the bed is pretty much touching the wall, or 2) under the mattress on the wooden board below the mattress(around the head area)?

My boyfriend is afraid that his weight might crush the monitor if he put it under the mattress and thus ruin its efficiency. I, however, has already done this on my bed before so of course i think it's reliable and that on the opposite putting on the wall is not reliable because it's too far from the "bedbug activity".

Thanks for your imput on the ideal placement of this passive monitor!

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Oct 9 2013 6:13:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

You are correct that its best not to install on the wall, the bed is the target surface and never the wall.

Lots of people worry they will crush it by sleeping on top of it but the fact is if there is a mattress between the person and the Passive Monitor their weight is distributed in such a way that it will not crush it.

This is especially true when an install is on the edge of the mattress area as for the pressure to be great enough to damage the Passive Monitor the person has generally already fallen out of bed.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor.

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. gypsylady

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Jun 27 2014 13:37:33
    #

Login to Send PM

I just received 3 of these and they arrived from usbedbugs with no manual regarding where to put them or how to read them. Help. What do I look for?

4. overseasandscared

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Jun 27 2014 19:18:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Gypsy - same here! No instructions from usbedbugs on where to place them - I googled my way around that. I also have a bed with wooden slats and no box spring and ended up placing it on the slats near my head directly under the mattress. Day two and no bb signs - I'm cautiously optimistic.

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Jun 27 2014 21:27:43
    #

Login to Send PM

gypsylady - 7 hours ago  » 
    I just received 3 of these and they arrived from usbedbugs with no manual regarding where to put them or how to read them. Help. What do I look for?

US Bed Bugs has a link to the manual on their website. I've linked to it from the section on passives in our Useful Tools page, just follow this link.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,705 posts in 49,532 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,143 members. Latest: shawnpayne1982, JaphaSundog, Missdebra2323