Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

PackTite Heater Replacement

(6 posts)
  1. persephone86

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Aug 21 2014 9:16:28
    #

Login to Send PM

My PackTite heater just died and I cannot find a replacement anywhere on the PackTite store (where I ordered a replacement in the past). I contacted the company, but have not heard back yet. But it has me wondering, are they no longer making replacement heaters? I hate to have to buy a whole unit again just because one part broke and I have items now that cannot be put in a dryer. I also use it for zapping bags and clothes I take on public transit, etc. I have them segregated until I can treat them, but would like to run them through as soon as possible. Does anyone have any insight into this? Maybe David James?

I am a worry wart and the PackTite is my security blanket.

2. persephone86

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Aug 21 2014 10:13:44
    #

Login to Send PM

I just heard from David James and they no longer make that heater, but I have other options such as the Closet or a kit to transfer to the Packtite 2 .

3. bbgirl

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Aug 21 2014 10:56:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Packtite is a wonderful company and David James really stands behind his products. As an option under the recall of the original heater unit he sent me a Packtite closet with a discount because the replacement heaters had undergone a manufacturers delay. Now I can return from travel without stressing about how to make sure my suitcases and carry ons are safe to store in my house. I can fit my golf bag into it too. It was sent out without delay and I had it within a week

4. persephone86

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Aug 21 2014 14:11:18
    #

Login to Send PM

He's been very responsive today and great to work with. Just waiting on pricing info now so I can weigh my options. I've had my PackTite for over 4 years now and love it. I treated all my belongings before and after I moved from my infested place. I am probably going with the kit to make my rack into a PackTite 2 as I don't have really large items to treat (no longer in the trenches of an infestation ::knocks wood::) and use it for regular "maintenance" after I am out on the bus or trains or other public places. It takes up less visible space height wise as I leave it up on a regular basis unless company is coming. It really has become my security blanket. When in doubt, heat it out!

5. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Aug 21 2014 19:04:58
    #

Login to Send PM

I've never had an infestation. The Packtite is great for those of us who are somewhat compulsive because I feel like I'm taking action. I like taking transit and this is the way I run purses, shoes, etc. after a day on transit. And, there is nothing wrong with changing into something comfy when you get home and bagging up your clothes to wash later and your other items to packite, right?

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  6. persephone86

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Aug 21 2014 20:48:08
    #

Login to Send PM

I hear that! I used it to treat all the things when I had my infestation at my old place, but that's mainly what I am using it for now. I love being able to throw my purse and clothes in (such as those pesky designer jeans that shouldn't be washed after every wear) at the end of the day without worry. I've always been a "put my stretchy pants on" kind of gal when I get home anyway, so it makes no difference if items make a detour prior to the hamper or coat closet. It's great!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,691 posts in 49,781 topics over 154 months by 21,790 of 22,255 members. Latest: bedbugsonthebrain, Worried-bedbugger, Smacker82