Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Packtite Heater

(5 posts)
  1. Sleepless in NYC

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Dec 26 2012 12:18:55
    #

Login to Send PM

All of a sudden the Packtite heater shuts itself after an hour of being turned on. If I wait for about 1/2 an hour, I'm able to turn it back on. I've tried another outlet and have the same thing happen.
    This has happened the last three times I've used the packtite. It always reaches at least 125 degrees before it shuts down, but can't seem to stay on for the hour recommended once it reaches this temperature.
    Not sure if this is the safety function kicking in too early or if the heater is just on its last leg. Does this sound like maybe I just need to purchase a replacement heater?

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Dec 26 2012 12:24:25
    #

Login to Send PM

I've alerted David James (inventor/manufacturer) to this post and he'll likely be following up soon.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. djames1921

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Dec 26 2012 12:29:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Will pm you with some troubleshooting tips and my contact direct info. Could be anything from a timer that has gone bad to an overstuffed bottom shelf. We'll get it figured out and fixed. Check your pm's.

4. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Dec 26 2012 14:08:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Customer Service via blog/website thing, awesome !

I have a lot of time & respect for folks that stand behind their work & products, nice job Mr. James !

pb

ps.
    Conversely, those that don't, well . . . 'nuff said.

5. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Dec 26 2012 19:41:10
    #

Login to Send PM

I've received excellent customer service from this vendor on the Packtite Closet. And, it's very easy to operate.

I also have the original and it does the job for a single person. It's just nice to hang up shirts, coats, etc. in the closet and do larger, empty suitcases quickly after a vacation.

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,649 posts in 49,518 topics over 153 months by 21,698 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982