Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Packtite and inflatable mattress

(5 posts)
  1. controlfreak

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Oct 19 2010 17:35:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Can you packtite inflatable mattresses? (after deflating them and folding them :-))

2. Bugfreak

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Oct 19 2010 20:47:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Can't see why not. I would guess you might want to skip heating up the motor though, just in case it can't survive 120+. You could always inflate it, then pack the motor in a ziploc until you need it again.

It may take a while though, given all the heavy folds of the mattress.

3. bushbugg

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Oct 19 2010 20:59:49
    #

Login to Send PM

It might. Consider that an inflatable mattress is rubber and what, an industrial glue? I assume they melt the seams together at the factory. I have one where the instructions say to "never use a hair dryer" to fill the mattress, "this could cause melting" In the warning, it says "This airbed can melt or burn. Keep away from open flames, heaters and other hot objects."

So, Im going to take that as a yes, its dangerous and not good for the mattress to packtite them.
    On the plus side, theyre cheap/ or they have very few places to hide. (My coleman has 2 seams that run all around the mattress. Seems a pretty easy inspection item, all told)

4. bushbugg

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Oct 19 2010 21:01:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh, and my motor is just a 4 d battery powered motor in a plastic shell. Id assume that was better to packtite than the bed.

5. jrbtnyc

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Oct 20 2010 11:24:47
    #

Login to Send PM

What may be needed here is expert commentary, i.e. by David James, originator of the PackTite.

Conceivably David could even develop? a line of inflatable mattresses specifically *designed* for compatibility with the PackTite.

Call them PackTresses.

Contributing to David's steadily growing cha-ching.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,274 posts in 50,155 topics over 155 months by 21,924 of 22,420 members. Latest: duracell, Parawail, Quiltergirl