Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

packtite and BBBeacon

(2 posts)
  1. mcsmcs

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Jul 14 2010 6:17:55
    #

Login to Send PM

We are fairly certain these (especially the Beacon) work, right? I mean, it's not just a theory, we know they work?

If so, I am going to order a Beacon today to try to get some freaking proof. I seem to be reacting less to bites - which is good for my comfort level but bad for detection and proof. But Beacons are pricey to buy if they don't work - so will they, nd what are my best chances of getting them to work?

2. bushbugg

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Jul 14 2010 22:45:24
    #

Login to Send PM

I dont have a beacon, so I dont know, but Jeff White at bedbugcentral tv on youtube discusses one I think. theres also a cheaper moniter.
    http://sosbedbug.com/?p=424 that just secretes co2 over a week. Jeff talks about these and how they are not preventative, but just to diagnose you, and how the bugs have to be kind of hungry and a medium to heavy infestation to find results. so... I dunno.

I am using the packtite, and I love it. I cant vouch for it yet, because I havent UNpacked anything, but it is a great reassurance to see the temp. go up to 140 degrees in the thermometer. There is a video of bedbugs in a glass jar in the pack tite, and those suckers get reallllly angry at 120 degrees, and then they die!

YAY!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,827 posts in 49,817 topics over 154 months by 21,804 of 22,271 members. Latest: wish2bbbfree, pedwards, Mawa316