Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug pest control firms (PCOs), Bed bug k9s, etc.

Packing for Vikane, and K9 questions

(4 posts)
  1. Imascared

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Feb 12 2016 22:07:28
    #

Login to Send PM

I have 6 weeks until my move and fumigation of my rental truck and car. I'm packing now, and am stumped as to hiw to effectively pack CDs and DVDs. My ideas: Open the cases and lay them in top of each other? Set them upright in the box? Or toss out the cases altogether and wrap the disks in paper?? As for the K9 questions...I want to have a dog inspect after I move to make sure I haven't brought the bugs with me. How soon can and should I have it done? Can they detect anything right after, or do I need to wait a while? Do I have to unpack first, or can they detect bugs in the boxes?

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Feb 13 2016 0:57:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Any questions about packing for Vikane gas fumigation should be addressed by the service provider. They're the only ones who are going to be able to assure you that specific methods are okay and will be penetrated. Presumably there's a guarantee of some kind and so your cooperation with their prep instructions will be a prerequisite for honoring it.

Likewise, I would find a dog team you like and ask them the detection questions you have. You should be able to tell them how items will be packed (once the Vikane folks clarify this) and they can advise you accordingly.

Please read our FAQ on canine scent detection before choosing a company-- per the FAQ, you want to make sure they visually verify all dog alerts: http://bedbugger.com/2010/03/10/bed-bug-dogs-what-you-need-to-know/

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. Imascared

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Feb 13 2016 23:53:20
    #

Login to Send PM

They haven't actually given me any prep instructions. Just told me anything can go in. I'm still waiting for a call-back as to what to do with two containers of cremated ashes. The person I've been talking to at the company does seem very knowledgable and has answered most of my other questions to my satisfaction though. I may need to start drilling them more.
    Thabks for the link to the canine FAQ. That will be the next thing for me to research once I've gotten all the moving/fumigation stuff squared away.

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Feb 14 2016 1:38:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes-- I would tell them you have detailed questions and need their input. Good luck and keep us posted!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

274,686 posts in 45,068 topics over 137 months by 19,788 of 20,523 members. Latest: Starsky30, Sayitaintso99, bid