Other Related Species

(12 posts)
  1. Freaked Fighter

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Nov 16 2014 23:53:16
    #

Login to Send PM

CRYING NO MORE-FIGHTING

I read recently on one of the posts that batbugs require a different treatment. I am not sure which I have but they do crawl under clothing and like to return to previous spots (specifically on the inside of my elbow, arms, and legs) all covered. I do get my fair share of bites on exposed skin as well. Unfortunately, I have disposed of samples (stupid me) but will CimeXa take care of them too, and/or related species? I will post a pic next time I catch one but seems I only have little instars now even though I haven't found a nest and they won't get into the monitors. (I did throw away the couch where I'm pretty sure they had their nests and little desire to move. It was a fluffy couch and I just couldn't get to the arms with all its fluff inside and piping outside for them to run out, bite me, and run back, as I sleep on the couch.)
    I am using TbyPMS but was going to add CimeXa during reassembly.
    The bugs, whichever they are, were brought over to my place inadvertently by a relative so I'm pretty sure the bats or whatever aren't here (I hope, I hope, I hope).
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated and thanks so much to all for this site!

NOT AN EXPERT but a survivor, twice. Read all the green stickies above, learn everything you can, and listen to the expert advice and your nightmare will end. You too can survive this!
  2. Freaked Fighter

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Nov 17 2014 8:47:11
    #

Login to Send PM

please???

3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Nov 17 2014 11:39:51
    #

Login to Send PM

I've read through your posts but am unable to find any evidence of bed bugs posted. Have you found anything and had it identified?

4. Freaked Fighter

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Nov 17 2014 12:54:10
    #

Login to Send PM

NO LONGER CRYING BUT FIGHTING
    Thank you for answering. I went through this a couple years ago while living w/my daughter and the exterminator id those. Fast forward to now and we live in separate places but close. So I guess my answer for this time around is no but I know the enemy well, by sight, but not well enough. I'm trying to find a large enough one to post so the experts can tell exactly which they are. To me they look exactly the same but I don't have the experience you guys do. When I get a big enough one I will post. (Should have saved the one I caught feeding on my arm (a big instar) but I freaked (of course) and squished him.
    But will CimeXa kill either species?
    Thanks again, BD. And thank you (you know who you are) for giving me a swift kick to snap me out of my hysteria and back into reality..

5. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Nov 17 2014 14:41:06
    #

Login to Send PM

In order to have any stage of instar you'd almost have to have adults present; there is the minute chance of only a few early stage instars catching a ride, but even then, after a month of feeding you'd have adults once again.
    Find me some adults, take a picture, post it.
    CimeXa will kill a bed bug and a bat bug, but with different habits/refuges the bat bug would have to come into contact with the CimeXa of course.

6. Freaked Fighter

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Nov 17 2014 14:55:08
    #

Login to Send PM

CRYING NO MORE-FIGHTING
    Thanks so much. I'm working hard at getting a pic while cleaning (alcohol is always close at hand). Like you say, they're here, somewhere. I'll find em and get a pic(s) as soon as possible. Thanks again and hopefully will talk to ya soon with some visual evidence. Thank you very, very, very much.

7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Nov 18 2014 0:05:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Freaked,
    Definitely post a photo! ID is the essential first step.
    Pick am not sure if TbyPMS will work on related species-- if you PM a link to this thread to David Cain, he may comment on it.
    However, that's a moot point unless you confirm bat bugs.

I gather from your headlines you don't like your username? Please PM me and I will change it.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  8. Freaked Fighter

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Nov 18 2014 9:50:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugs,
    I did pm you but I agree that I need that pic. I think I'll wait to link the post till I have a pic. Hopefully, it will turn out to be your ordinary BB. Wow, can't believe I just said that. At least I am cleaning the place up, but looking, looking looking. Thanks all for your help and support! I would be lost without you, kinda like those BBs going around in circles in the bottom of a jar. Darn, I wish I had saved one, but was before I found Bedbugger. Thanks again!.

9. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Nov 18 2014 14:04:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Freaked,
    Glad you found us!
    Thanks for your kind words about the site.
    I sent you another PM!

10. Freaked Fighter

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Nov 19 2014 20:38:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Finally, this guy was wandering on my bed. I noticed my cat had that look in her eyes that she was about to pounce. I looked where she was looking and he/she was ambling toward the corner of my bed (now in living room). I'm not sure if the cat played around with it a bit first as she does this with bugs, but I don't think she got to it yet, and in Florida we have many. I will try to get this right as I only have phone for internet and camera. Its been sprayed with 91% alcohol for a couple hours now and hasn't moved since (was in motion before the alcohol). The pics aren't the best but hopefully you can tell with what I've got. And I'm holding on to it this time in case you need better pics.

11. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Nov 20 2014 0:28:52
    #

Login to Send PM

I am not an expert but it looks like a bed bug or closely related species to me. My understanding is that experts will need a more detailed image to rule out bat bugs or bird bugs. You could send the sample to Lou, though. I would check with him first of course.

12. Freaked Fighter

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Nov 20 2014 0:33:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Sounds like a good idea. It's mostly intact. I'll pm him and see what he says. Thanks!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,307 posts in 50,168 topics over 155 months by 21,929 of 22,426 members. Latest: MaryPoppinsYall, nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo