organochlorine2 the way this war can be won

(23 posts)
  1. Therealsolution

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat May 20 2017 0:08:50
    #

Login to Send PM

organochlorine2 thats the true and real solution thats it want it we have to bring it back i have a pdf of DDT u know the stuff that nearly wiped them off the face of the earth im putting in some of the info lets get it back it works is cheaply made in the U.S but only sold to other countries guess thats why some of them dont have insect problems. What is DDT?
    $ DDT 1
    is an organochlorine2
    insecticide that was first synthesized in 1874 (1, 2). Why was DDT used?
    $ DDT was initially used by the military in WW II to control malaria, typhus, body lice, and bubonic plague (1). Cases
    of malaria fell from 400,000 in 1946 to virtually none in 1950 (3 Is DDT still used?
    $ DDT can still legally be manufactured in the U.S., but it can only be sold to, or used by, foreign countries. In the U.S.
    the only exceptions for DDT use are for public health emergencies involving vector (insect) diseases and control o The reason why DDT was so widely used was because it is effective, relatively inexpensive to manufacture, and lasts
    a long time in the environment (2

2. crossroads

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat May 20 2017 0:13:56
    #

Login to Send PM

DDT Linked to Fourfold Increase in Breast Cancer Risk
    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/06/15616-breast-cancer-ddt-pesticide-environment/

Some environmental scientists have long suspected, based on lab studies, that prenatal exposure to DDT—which can mimic estrogen and might turn key genes on and off—could fundamentally alter the way a woman's breast tissue grows, making her more susceptible to breast cancer decades later.

3. Therealsolution

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat May 20 2017 0:14:21
    #

Login to Send PM

So lets see we have this complete answer to the bedbug problem not to metion it would wipe out the lice problems in our schools for good and yet when ask as an emergency answer to the out of control bedbug problem in one of our states they said no but i understand pest control and chimical companies have to get rich too so i get it

4. crossroads

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat May 20 2017 0:15:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Cancer is worse than bed bugs. I know that if you have an infestation, it might not always feel that way, but it is.

5. Therealsolution

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat May 20 2017 0:25:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Suspected and might key words thier in that quote well my gradmothers 93 and gong strong lived in a ddt era and my bedbug roach and rat free house for years look nothings perfect cigs can cause cancer as well should they be banned or diet sodas and how many relatec actual cancer or health issues in anyone that lived in the era of roach and bedbug free days do u know that died cause of this wow but look at it like this everyone intitled to thier. Opinons like weather or not to imunize thier kids like i said before thiers so many reasons why this problem want go away but the biggest is fear and we the people shall make pest control as big as oil companies

6. Therealsolution

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat May 20 2017 0:31:44
    #

Login to Send PM

I agree but my autistic friend who looks like he is being torted to death would say it feels the same its cost his family tons but where he lives its so bad that people are broke from paying for these things like the pest controll that does the job but when an entire city is got it it just keeps coming back again and again i should post a pic of how he looks his body full of bites he should have the freedom to make the choice at least cause he suffers daily to the point of madness

7. Therealsolution

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat May 20 2017 0:37:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Im just saying i dont have cancer from my dad using it should we at least have the choice or should my friend spend his barley able to live on income on things that are not working or is someone going to give him a solution ill take that or pay to rid his town of this cause i would take that as well we counted one time 143 bitex one day so sorry if i think he should have mercy or at least a choice of a permanent solution that would only affect him

8. Therealsolution

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat May 20 2017 0:42:35
    #

Login to Send PM

This is a story of triumph and tragedy. The triumph occurred in the middle part of the 20th century, when the larger part of mankind finally succeeded in overcoming the ravages of malaria, the deadly infectious disease that had afflicted the human race since the dawn of time (and which, by one estimate, had killed approximately half the people who had ever lived on earth). But within three decades, the triumph would give way to tragedy when leftist ideologues, professing concern for the integrity of the natural environment, collaborated to ban the use of the pesticide best known by the acronym DDT—the very substance that had made it possible to vanquish malaria from vast portions of the globe. By means of that ban, environmentalists effectively ensured that, over the course of the ensuing 30+ years, more than 50 million people would die needlessly of a disease that was entirely preventable.

9. Therealsolution

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat May 20 2017 0:43:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Therealsolution - 5 minutes ago  » 
    Im just saying i dont have cancer from my dad using it should we at least have the choice or should my friend spend his barley able to live on income on things that are not working or is someone going to give him a solution ill take that or pay to rid his town of this cause i would take that as well we counted one time 143 bitex one day so sorry if i think he should have mercy or at least a choice of a permanent solution that would only affect him

This is a story of triumph and tragedy. The triumph occurred in the middle part of the 20th century, when the larger part of mankind finally succeeded in overcoming the ravages of malaria, the deadly infectious disease that had afflicted the human race since the dawn of time (and which, by one estimate, had killed approximately half the people who had ever lived on earth). But within three decades, the triumph would give way to tragedy when leftist ideologues, professing concern for the integrity of the natural environment, collaborated to ban the use of the pesticide best known by the acronym DDT—the very substance that had made it possible to vanquish malaria from vast portions of the globe. By means of that ban, environmentalists effectively ensured that, over the course of the ensuing 30+ years, more than 50 million people would die needlessly of a disease that was entirely preventable.

10. Therealsolution

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat May 20 2017 0:46:48
    #

Login to Send PM

50 million people lost thier lives in that span for no reason i think they would have liked to have the choice is what im saying

11. Therealsolution

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat May 20 2017 0:53:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Like i have said it amazing how we work in this country and world in 1962 the workd got together and said To only a few chemicals does man owe as great a debt as to DDT. It is estimated that, in little more than two decades DDT has prevented 500 million human deaths, due to malaria, that would otherwise have been inevitable.”

12. Therealsolution

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat May 20 2017 1:01:54
    #

Login to Send PM

crossroads - 45 minutes ago  » 
    Cancer is worse than bed bugs. I know that if you have an infestation, it might not always feel that way, but it is.

In 1997 the New England Journal of Medicine stated, “Our data do not support the hypothesis that exposure to [DDT] and PCBs [polychlorinated biphenyls] increases the risk of breast cancer.”

13. Therealsolution

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat May 20 2017 1:03:58
    #

Login to Send PM

One long-term study examined 35 workers who, for periods ranging from 9 to 19 years, were exposed to DDT levels that were 600 times greater than those to which average Americans were exposed; no ill effects were observed.

14. Therealsolution

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat May 20 2017 1:07:46
    #

Login to Send PM

In short order, environmental organizations such as the Sierra Club, the World Wildlife Fund, Environmental Defense, and Greenpeace likewise accepted the stubborn reality that DDT, on balance, could help alleviate a great deal of human suffering. As Greenpeace spokesman Rick Hind told the New York Times, “If there’s nothing else [besides DDT] and it’s going to save lives, we’re all for it. Nobody’s dogmatic about it.”

This change of heart was too little, too late. The longstanding, uncompromising, inflexible dogmas of Mr. Hind’s organization and others on the environmental Left had already condemned at least 50 million innocent people to death in three-and-a-half decades

15. Therealsolution

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat May 20 2017 1:21:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Thier has never been one case of DDT exposer that caused cancer it has never been linked in any death or cancer but because of closed minded people and the people that got DDT baned cause it might be possible to cause bird egg shells to thin if exposed to a level that one would have to say is insane millions of people died and die daily and millions suffer from bedbugs draining thier wallets and making life unbearable my god we have the solution the answer and on never proven in one instance bs this is how we deal with it really wow all these post about bites horror stories and misery would not be here and millions of lives would have been saved but i guess this is better right whats millions of lives being saved and living in a bedbug free world not to metion lice free and roach free and rat free we truly are a nation of wolves ruled by sheep

16. Therealsolution

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat May 20 2017 1:44:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Heart breaking is what it is i find my self woundering why i watch people suffer with all that is wrong with this world an in instances we find the answers to problems and by greed and miss information we allow this to happen i guess i was wrong about bedbugs whats really biting us and taking our blood are those that are put in postion to help us those we elect to keep us safe one true solution we ignore but we jump at all these offers on the internet that never work and for those that suffer i give out my heart i know the torturs of being poor of being alone and how these little buggs are a nightmare that seems like it want end they should use these tactics on interrogation of terrist sleepless nights the bites its god allfull for those that have little so i posted it for them so they know they suffer like they do. For thin bird eggshells milions have died For thin bird eggshells for never proven facts and for the greed of others

17. Therealsolution

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat May 20 2017 13:56:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Experts say it may be difficult to tease out how many cases of breast cancer might be linked to prenatal DDT exposure in the coming years—and even harder yet to tell whether exposure could be linked to any individual cases. They have tried so hard but even in thier own reseach found no link at all and speculate it increaes a 3.7 percent of a probability it could increase breast cancer but they did it fairly exposing a woman in the womb to 118 times the exposer that could make somthing happen which is a higher exposer then that people all got combined in the first years my god people not only killing millions from malira cause of this ban but exposing the bald eagles they say thier trying to protect buy feeding them levels that would kill a sperm whale but year after year people have died and sufferd breathing our air in this country in big cities beats that so lets just ban woman from these areas and not give them a choice that one person that took away the right to at least have as an option DDT. She is responsible for millions of deaths and tortured billions of poor people that cant afford any thing else since she gone and cant be made acountable i think ill get a petion going to have it marked in history it will give her the accomplishments she desereves as the single most deadly person that has ever lived who will be cridatid for that an saving a few bold eagles and trillions of bedbugs and roaches cause with out her they would have been gone for years i am very compassionate for my fellow man so i said to my self as i looked at my daughter and imagined the coutless number of fathers that watched thier daughters die i choose my daughter i choose my people my fellow man i do hate that the never proven possibility of this effect on bald eagles have a less 0.0000 percent sorry the actually amount is almost impossible to get in actually so lets make it a big one 0.0001
    To cause low birth out put i trully hate that

18. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon May 22 2017 10:12:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh my god I love you, thank you.

19. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon May 22 2017 15:00:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Good points

20. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon May 22 2017 16:17:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Putting aside the issue whether DDT is safe or not, the other question is if DDT is now effective against bed bugs or have they built an immunity to it. I have read the latter, and I believe several pros here have also said it wouldn't solve the problem if it came back. The other point made is that there was around a 30 year gap between when DDT was banned and the new emergence of bed bugs, so it's hard to draw a cause an effect. Current theories on the reemergence of bed bugs range from the increase in travel to "just don't know". If you are cooking up a DDT concoction, and I'm not sure you are, you might therefore test it on live bugs prior to using it. Apologies if some of this has been covered but I haven't been able to get through the entire thread.

Richard

21. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon May 22 2017 16:23:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Please stop. Bed bugs began showing resistance to DDT in the 1940s. In more recent years, it has been used to treat malarial mosquitos in Africa and bed bugs were found thriving in the same homes. I'd post links but these have been posted by me and by others many times before.

You may be a chemist but you are not a bed bug expert. Please stop offering treatment advice per the forum rules and please be careful in your own experiments.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  22. Proudmommyto3rottenboys

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon May 22 2017 21:20:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Where can we buy This stuff at

23. bedbugsbugme

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon May 22 2017 21:52:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Proudmommyto3rottenboys - 31 minutes ago  » 
    Where can we buy This stuff at

You can't. It's illegal to use in the USA.

I'm not an expert. Just sharing what I learned from my experience.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,771 posts in 48,891 topics over 151 months by 21,460 of 21,863 members. Latest: SimpleObserver, get_out, Dannie