(10 posts)
  1. AshamedandScratching

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Nov 14 2011 19:07:36
    #

Login to Send PM

6 weeks post move.

No bites.

My skin is settling down. No crawly feeling anymore, no mystery red dots. (I did find a changed mole, so I may be posting down the road that bedbugger.com helped me deal with something else.)

Nothing on inspection.

Passives are clear. (I use the bbalert. I find it reassuring and I trust it to help me monitor down the road for new exposures.)

First off:

THANK YOU
    to the many wonderful members of the board who provided information, reassurance and comfort during this crazyness.
    SPECIALLY:

NoBugs, thank you for this place and for your guidance and help and your kindness. This has to be a huge part of your life--in terms of time, energy and resources. Thank you for doing it and know that it doesn't pass unnoticed.

David James, OMG. Thank you for the packtite and even more thanks for your patience with my endless stream of questions, answering those questions whenever they came and in general dealing with a hot mess in a polite and kind fashion. I did not packtite CFL bulbs thanks to you.

JRBTNYC, Thank you for the loan of the packtite. How amazingly generous that was. Thank you for letting me bend your ear on the phone and helping me comprehend the FAQs when my shock and upheaval was too intense to process what I was reading.

KillerQueen, thank you for an honest conversation and your guidance and refusing money you knew would be thrown away. You helped me choose a path that I think was the best outcome in the situation. I mention you to people when pest control comes up.

David Cain, thank you for your guidance on the BBalert and the other post move questions I asked. It reassures me that I have the alert in place and have a better chance of catching them quicker if they happen upon my tasty self again.

LouBugs, thank you for answering some crazy questions I randomly sent you during this. You are awesome.

To the old skool members, including but not limited to cilecto, spidey and buggy, thank you for sharing your knowledge, and your experiences.

Finally to the members of my "cohort" (all the folks who joined at roughly the same time and panicked with me) like BugsMustDie, OhNoes, EndofmyRope and many others who I am not remebering right now, thank you for sharing this with me. Holding my hand, comforting, and being my comrades in bugged outness. I hope you are bug-free soon and if you are, that your life is normal again soon.

To the newbites reading this now (whenever now is): Yes, it will end. You can be free. No, you don't always have to move and toss everything, but if you do, you can keep some of your possessions.

Was I ever as anxious as you?

Check out how much time I've spent here:
    OH, YES, I WAS:
    http://bedbugger.com/forum/profile/ashamedandscratching

2. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Nov 14 2011 21:08:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Congrats A&S!

Very nice thank you's.

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  3. BugsMustDie

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Nov 14 2011 21:14:50
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm so glad your nightmare is over! Thank you too

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Nov 14 2011 22:35:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Good for you, A&S!

And thanks for the kind words.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. djames1921

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Nov 15 2011 7:07:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Glad to hear you are free and clear!

6. EndOfMyRope

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Nov 15 2011 8:26:35
    #

Login to Send PM

A&S,

How sweet of you to write such kind words I am so thrilled for you, and for the wonderful news youve shared with us.. *raising coffee cup* heres to hoping I'm not var behind you imosting my own success story.. I started a second round of treatments last Weds, second one tomorrow, and a third on the 30th. Its been so brutal..physically, emotionally and financially, but your words inspire me and give me something so difficult to find ..hope..

Thank YOU for all the support youve given me throughout my ordeal. I wish you the very best..

7. buggyinsocal

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Nov 15 2011 11:04:12
    #

Login to Send PM

A&S,

Thanks for your kind words to everyone on the site. But most of all thanks for taking the time to come back and write a detailed post like this.

I completely understand why it is that once people get rid of their bed bugs they often don't get around to coming back to post their success stories. Dealing with bed bugs can be hugely traumatic, and for a lot of people, once they're past it, they need some time away to put the anxiety and stress behind them.

But the success stories mean a lot to the people who are still fighting, so thank you very much for taking the time to post this.

And, most importantly, congratulations!

8. OhNoes

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Nov 15 2011 11:47:13
    #

Login to Send PM

YAY CONGRATS!!!!

I hope to join you soon!

9. AshamedandScratching

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Nov 15 2011 14:09:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks everyone for checking in. All of the stuff people did helped me along and I wanted to acknowledge it.

I hope, Buggy, that it does help others down the line to see this stuff.

And I hope that the rest of you get bug-free soon! I'm pulling for ya'll.

10. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Nov 15 2011 14:19:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you A&S,

I'm glad I was able to help in a small way. Best of luck to you!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,330 posts in 50,174 topics over 155 months by 21,930 of 22,427 members. Latest: nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo, Ctired14