Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Opinions on current situation please..

(3 posts)
  1. keyboard2019

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Mar 8 2019 8:53:47
    #

Login to Send PM

So I posted on here back in early January, I was really depressed about the situation but after a while I decided I can't let my life slip away and tried my best to focus both on my career and my social life. We discovered bed bugs in early January and had our place treated for the first time in early January and a second time early February. It's pretty effective residual spray as I saw dead bugs on the floor often, including one dead bed bug (the other dead bugs were other bugs).

During the time, the classic bed bug bites I received before the first treatment stopped. I had gotten itchy welts in groups of threes where my skin was exposed before the first treatment, but none like that since. I had constant other skin reactions but I understand that these could be pimples or other reactions and I decided to leave it alone and carry on.

Last night, however, I woke up at 2 am and I discovered insect bites on my body. These were definitely insect bites, they looked nothing like pimples or other breakouts. But they were in 3 unique parts of my body (one on each leg and one on my torso). Only one itched and the welts were smaller than the bites I received before the first treatment. And the most interesting part of it was that I stayed up for about an hour at the time before sleeping again at 3 am, and I noticed the bites were fading. When I woke up again this morning, the bites had completely disappeared.

So, what's going on here and etc. etc.? I made a commitment to carry on with my life and I decided my life during the day must be the same whether I have bed bugs or not. But this episode with bed bugs is simply nothing like I've experienced before and none of it makes sense. Oh, I check for fecal stains, and cast skins, etc. every day and I don't seem to find any.

So again, I guess to put my thoughts in writing could help me as well, but I wonder if anyone can shed light on this or if anyone has experienced similar.

2. keyboard2019

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Mar 8 2019 8:57:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Just to add to my post, the hardest parts of bed bugs is not the bugs or the bites, for me, it is the uncertainty. You want the world to make sense and try your best to, but nothing about bed bugs makes sense. I try to live responsibly, I try to follow the rules, I try to do what I can but you get these bugs and even after two months, you get these bites. It's a very trying thing to go through mentally.

3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Mar 8 2019 9:31:09
    #

Login to Send PM

The location of the skin lesions points to another cause, bed bugs would have to move past exposed areas to reach the body parts covered by the sheet.
    Skin lesions should never be used to confirm an infestation.
    Your body temperature can rise when you're asleep which can change skin lesions. The air quality in a covered area is also less than ideal and can cause skin irritations to increase.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

286,531 posts in 47,701 topics over 147 months by 21,020 of 21,346 members. Latest: pray4mojo, yassine, tsm