Opinions needed

(2 posts)
  1. Freaked Fighter

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Apr 8 2016 11:07:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi all,

I would like to get some opinions on a thought I had.
    I have fleas and bedbugs (I'm pretty sure) in my low-profile mattress.

I was wondering if it would be OK to put a plastic liner, not an encasement, on my mattress.  This way the bugs would have to crawl around it and over bedlam plus sprayed on the sides of the sheet instead of crawling straight up through the mattress, and coming in contact with nothing, which most of them are doing.  I've seen it.

Do you guys think this would help?

NOT AN EXPERT but a survivor, twice. Read all the green stickies above, learn everything you can, and listen to the expert advice and your nightmare will end. You too can survive this!
  2. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Apr 8 2016 13:41:29
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm no expert but isolating the bugs inside your mattress seems a good idea. You could spray some bedlam on the mattress too before you wrap it in the plastic. I think you are supposed to leave the mattress encased for 18 months but with some bedlam on as well you could probably take it off within 6 months providing you have dealt with the infestation problem outside the mattress.
    The plastic may make the bed rustle and also it may be a bit hot but a good plan as long as you seal it properly.
    Good luck

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,818 posts in 49,813 topics over 154 months by 21,802 of 22,268 members. Latest: MrBedbug, Pioneer47, laurabedbugs