(3 posts)
  1. Nobedbugsbite

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Aug 5 2017 18:48:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi everyone,
    This morning my husband found only one (now confirmed thanks to this awesome forum) male bedbug. It was on his work shirt from yesterday lying on the floor next to our bed (my hubby's hamper ; ). I thoroughly inspected, vacuumed, washed bedding, and plan to buy encasements. Neither my husband or I have any bites.

What would you do?

Treat the mattress and room. The whole house? I'm wondering if my hubby picked up the little guy at work (hospital). I hope and pray Mr. Bed Bug doesn't have a Mrs. And little ankle biters.

Thanks for your suggestions!

2. nomorebuggs

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Aug 5 2017 19:28:19
    #

Login to Send PM

I would suggest you monitor before treating. There are several methods including a passtive monitor developed by forum expert David Cain, as well as climbups which can be placed under the feet of the bed. Both are popular choices and can be used together.

Given that some people dont react to bites - you both may not - monitoring can be super important for everyone, even without an infestation. If you find any further evidence, have a PCO inspection and they will asess how to move forward.

Not an expert. Any advice I give is information gleaned via anxiety-fueled research of credible sources and expert posts here. Please research all advice before treating and consult a professional.
  3. nomorebuggs

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Aug 5 2017 19:39:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Of course, you can call a PCO right away too. That can't hurt. By not treating, I meant to not self-treat without more evidence. As tempting as it seems to do something immediately, it could make a mild situation worse, or even be totally unnecessary.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,413 posts in 50,189 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams