One live bed bug

(5 posts)
  1. Ijel

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Sep 13 2018 3:20:23
    #

Login to Send PM

I am a nanny who has been working in a confirmed house with bb. I am very familiar with how these thinks look and I react to bites immediately. The house I nanny in was in an early infestation stage and has since been treated with heat + pesticides (3 times).

Today, Sept 12, I felt a sting sensation and looked down and found a bb biting me. I am unsure how this even got in my bed due to me changing all my clothes from work in the bathroom and IMMEDIATELY putting them in ziploc bags.

I have not been bitten prior to this as I would know (I have allergic reactions to bb bites). It looked to me like an adult male who has matured already. What is the likelihood that this is one hitchhiker that might have escaped a ziploc bag?

Oh also, I’ve had several PCO come to my house (3 companies) (5 times) and they have ALL said that it does not look like I have ANY signs of bed bugs yet I have found a live one biting me.

Can anyone provide me insight?

2. micachica

Posted 6 days ago
    Thu Sep 13 2018 15:28:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Hitchhiker could have been in your shoes purse or handbag or backpack. Anything you take to and from your nanny gig. It’s also possible you have a new infestation of your own. Do you live in an apt with neighbors? Use public transit? You can pick them up anywhere. Odds are higher if you go to places with known bed bugs. They’re sneaky little hitchhikers.

3. Ijel

newbite

Posted 3 days ago
    Sun Sep 16 2018 11:20:18
    #

Login to Send PM

I put my clothes, shoes, purses, and everything that was at her house in a Ziploc bag once I get home and change into clean clothes. It’s been about a month and a half since they discovered their infestation and I had been working at their house about two and a half months prior so there is a possibility that before they discovered their infestation, I could’ve bought something home.

BUT their infestation was isolated to their own bedroom and I never hung out in there. I react really bad to bed bug bites (I know this due to an ex having a one bed bug situation as well where I woke up with 10 bites down my body) but J have not had any bites of my own at my own house...and I’m 100% sure that I would have reacted. The night I reacted to the one bed bug I found, I immediately felt the bite and within two seconds caught the bed bug running away and sealed it in clear tape in a baggie.

I’m just wondering if a one bed bug situation is possible.

4. lsdrg706

Posted 3 days ago
    Sun Sep 16 2018 12:18:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Ijel - 56 minutes ago  » 
    I put my clothes, shoes, purses, and everything that was at her house in a Ziploc bag once I get home and change into clean clothes. It’s been about a month and a half since they discovered their infestation and I had been working at their house about two and a half months prior so there is a possibility that before they discovered their infestation, I could’ve bought something home.
    BUT their infestation was isolated to their own bedroom and I never hung out in there. I react really bad to bed bug bites (I know this due to an ex having a one bed bug situation as well where I woke up with 10 bites down my body) but J have not had any bites of my own at my own house...and I’m 100% sure that I would have reacted. The night I reacted to the one bed bug I found, I immediately felt the bite and within two seconds caught the bed bug running away and sealed it in clear tape in a baggie.

It is possible. I just went through this. Got bit, found one, isolated the bed, monitored for two months and we're still clear with no evidence nor bites.

5. Ijel

newbite

Posted 3 days ago
    Sun Sep 16 2018 23:00:44
    #

Login to Send PM

lsdrg706 - 10 hours ago  » 

Ijel - 56 minutes ago  » 

It is possible. I just went through this. Got bit, found one, isolated the bed, monitored for two months and we're still clear with no evidence nor bites.

That makes me feel a little better. Still monitoring for more bites and any bed bug marks.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,257 posts in 46,267 topics over 141 months by 20,394 of 21,225 members. Latest: Llorenzaccio, morgan, mojo172