One dead bug no bites what do I do?

(4 posts)
  1. ScrappyJo

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Sep 11 2019 8:12:22
    #

Login to Send PM

I found one dead bed bug while I was making my bed this morning. I moved into a new apartment 1.5 weeks ago and haven't had any bites. I inspected my bed and there are no signs of bugs, feeding stains etc. I Can't see anything around the baseboards or in the outlets. What should I do? should I raise the alarm with my landlord to get an inspector in or wait until there is further evidence of bed bugs?

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Sep 11 2019 8:18:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Was the dead bed bug on the floor or on your bed? Can you post an image of the dead bug?

3. ScrappyJo

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Sep 11 2019 8:25:08
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Was the dead bed bug on the floor or on your bed? Can you post an image of the dead bug?

It was on the bed near my pillow. Here is the bug:
    https://imgur.com/a/qE42f9K

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Sep 11 2019 8:31:51
    #

Login to Send PM

You might want to show it to your landlord as ask if your apartment or an adjacent apartment was recently treated.
    Did you have an infestation that was dealt with at your last apartment? It's possible that packing and moving all of your stuff dislodged this dead bug from wherever it was entombed.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,691 posts in 49,781 topics over 154 months by 21,790 of 22,255 members. Latest: bedbugsonthebrain, Worried-bedbugger, Smacker82