One bug........nothing else........my stepdaughters home has them

(4 posts)
  1. whcosta

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Jan 23 2018 11:17:27
    #

Login to Send PM

We had BB's in 2011. Successful treatment. Extremely careful ever since traveling etcetera. My stepdaughter accepted a used mattress in July at her home not my home. (SMH I KNOW I WANT TO KILL HER!!!! ) Anyways......my granddaughters room at her moms with said mattress is infested. We know because recently she had bites that my husband and I due to our experience IMMEDIATELY knew were BB related. We went over there and identified the BB nest and showed them how to look for more. She has not had any bites at our house though.

NOW............she brought a stuffy over that apparently had a hitchhiker. It was an unfed adult that was caught trying to get at the cat on her bed. We have ripped the room apart, bed frame gone, mattress spotless, base boards, pictures, furniture, toys everything has been inspected. We have found NOTHING zilch zero. Not one spec of fecal matter not one scaled skin. What to do now? We have laundered anything linen in the room. (high heat et cetera) The stuffy that is suspect of carrying the lone BB is now in the shed after 3 hours of high heat drying. We have boxed all items not cloth in bins to search. We have bought a new frame that has the BB dish entrapment things on each leg. We took off electric plates, curtains, curtain rods et cetera. I am freaking out. I do not want to go through a reenactment of 2011 is was horrible.

Suggestions?????

2. bedbugsbugme

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Jan 23 2018 11:21:11
    #

Login to Send PM

If in doubt get a professional inspection. Some places will do it for free

I'm not an expert. Just sharing what I learned from my experience.
  3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Jan 23 2018 11:58:35
    #

Login to Send PM

At this point I would monitor; if there are bed bugs you could find evidence within a few weeks.

4. whcosta

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Jan 23 2018 13:03:59
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 1 hour ago  » 
    At this point I would monitor; if there are bed bugs you could find evidence within a few weeks.

That's what my thought is. I go through waves of panic then logic takes over and says I have no other evidence what so ever other than this lowly adult bug. I will keep the beacon there since my G daughter only sleeps over 3 or 4 nights a week. Bed away from the wall with the dish entrapment things and just pray my heart out that it stays contained at her moms and that they are taking the necessary steps to treat their home properly. If we were not experienced in this I can see how it could have gone on unnoticed to the point of infestation.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,797 posts in 49,805 topics over 154 months by 21,798 of 22,264 members. Latest: ireallydontwantbedbugs, bbinquiry_1, Smar1991