One Bug

(6 posts)
  1. (deleted)

Unregistered

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Mar 17 2013 22:09:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi fellow bed bug fighters. Kinda sad I had to make this account anyway I found one bug in my room (conformed by a pest place that yes it is a bed bug). None of my family or I have bites of any kinda. We have close to 30 sticky traps placed around our house but yet to find any. (First bug found on Wednesday March 13 and its now the 17) We have a pest guy (same company who said yes it was a bed bug, my dad brought him in) coming tomorrow. No other signs of any bed bug activity I would just like to know from your more experiences bed bug fighters:
    1: what to expect the next couple months
    2. Is there a possibility I brought him/her home that day (as i was at school, gross public transit etc)
    3. Best places to put sticky traps
    4. Experiences with using a steamer to clean carpets
    5. Hot Shot Bed Bug stray spot treatment efectiveness

Were doing ourself all the normal clean up stuff right now washing cloths that were left on the floor (2 teenage girls thats alot). We bought a steamer etc Thanks in advance and happy fighting

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Mar 17 2013 22:54:47
    #

Login to Send PM

There are much more effective monitors than sticky glue traps. See the Useful Stuff page for passive or interceptor bed bug monitors.

No one can say if you brought that one bed bug home that day or if there are many more. However, I'd be interested in knowing how long your pest management pro spent inspecting for them. Unless he spent hours doing this, you can't be sure that single bug is a lone ranger.

Are you going to get professional treatment? If you must self-treat, do your research first. There are resources here (under Comprehensive Guides) which may help. Steam is good if labor intensive. You can probably do better than hot shot spray, however.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. (deleted)

Unregistered

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Mar 18 2013 1:09:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks I will update how long the guy inspects the hot shot spray was the only stuff we had at the time and thought it was better then nothing and I will be looking into better detection options thanks

4. (deleted)

Unregistered

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Mar 18 2013 15:23:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Inspector just left he spent about an hour and a half here checked beds and couches no sign of eggs or bugs themselves now cleaning!

5. Louise

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Mar 18 2013 18:12:44
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm sorry you've had to find your way to this website.

Please take some time to read the FAQ before doing too much cleaning. You may also want to invest in some passive monitors.

As well, if you still have the bug you found, please consider posting a picture of it on this site.

6. (deleted)

Unregistered

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Mar 18 2013 22:55:38
    #

Login to Send PM

We have sticky monitors but I just watched at youtube video about bb passive monitors. Any other brands people can suggest would be very helpful and I will defiantly look into them. Our professional inspector guy said he can't fin any signs of bed bugs or anything and to keep vacuuming and steaming stuff as much we can and to keep the trap out in case of eggs hatching. Thanks

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,274 posts in 50,155 topics over 155 months by 21,924 of 22,420 members. Latest: duracell, Parawail, Quiltergirl