(3 posts)
  1. HorribleTomato

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 16 2016 10:00:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey BB Forums,

First off a big thanks to this community for posting lots of valuable information. I've been reading a lot without posting before now and a lot of it helped calm me down and get my SO and myself through the trying time.

On to the problem! My management company called the PCOs in, who did 2 rounds of extermination and that seems to have solved the problem. My girlfriend is a VERY strong reactor and gets large welts and extra hives when she's bitten (they also flock to her like a fly to honey). She's no longer getting the welts and hives, however almost every night either she or myself gets one bite (not even the typical 3 dot grouping). I have a metal bed frame, and I've sprinkled DE around every leg as well as moved it to the center of the room so that there's no way a bug can get to us without going through the DE.

Basically, should I be concerned that the bugs are going to come back en masse or is this the last few bites of a lone, dying bug? I've thus far been unable to locate any more bugs despite tearing the place apart. The PCOs repeatedly checked and 'took care of' a sectional couch in the living room but I'm considering throwing the thing out anyway.

EDIT: It's been 5 days since my seconds of two PCO visits.

Cheers!

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 16 2016 11:41:00
    #

Login to Send PM

The 3 in a row myth is just that, don't use that as evidence, or any skin irritation as evidence as there are many causes.
    I'm assuming that there was a positive ID for bed bugs on at least the couch, correct? bite reactions can take days at times, and may also pop back up even after healing, so it might be reactions to bites you've had before. I would place a passive monitor on your bed and on your couch to see if there is any new activity.
    DE can take days to kill bed bugs, so give it a little more time and check for activity, fecal deposits, cast skins and live activity.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  3. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Feb 16 2016 12:18:22
    #

Login to Send PM

You should also mark the date since you last saw a live insect. It's generally 30 days with no signs of live bugs to know you're in the clear on a low to moderate problem.

PCO and inventor of a bio active bedbug trap

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,563 posts in 46,604 topics over 142 months by 20,555 of 21,422 members. Latest: tjg, jm1985, Me33