Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Once reactive always reactive?

(5 posts)
  1. nikki

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Aug 11 2012 0:17:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi - trying to determine if my child's recent bites are mosquitos (there are many in our area) or bedbugs. About 3 years ago, she was exposed to bedbugs, got bitten repeatedly and was very, very itchy. With these latest bites, not so itchy (come to think of it, she's usually very itchy with mosquito bites, too), so I'm hopeful that it's a sign that they are not bedbug bites. Also, she's on regular low-does steroids for asthma, could that be making her less reactive? One last thing, we may also have carpet beetles.

Anyone know the answer to this?

2. DreDay17

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Aug 11 2012 0:25:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Not a expert but you have to take in many different scenarios to determine if it is or not bed bugs.

You said your baby was exposed three years ago to them. Did you get a pco? Did they say you was clear?

Have you seen any evidence of bedbugs?(bumps are not evidence)

You have to also realize that carpet beetles can also give a "bite" like reactions. Please read through the FAQ and resources as they will most likely answer most of your questions.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Aug 11 2012 19:46:43
    #

Login to Send PM

We don't know a whole lot about bed bug bites but reactions can vary in the same person on the same day or over time.

I would not assume bed bugs. If there are lots of mosquitos, I would assume there's a big chance they're the cause. The FAQs (especially the first four here) will help with detection to rule out fleas and bed bugs.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  4. nikki

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Aug 12 2012 9:57:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Still not so itchy - I'm very confused.

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Aug 12 2012 13:43:30
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't think you can go by your itchiness or skin reactions. Skin reactions simply aren't reliable in terms of telling you if you have bed bugs.

As I recommended above, the first four FAQs recommended above suggest more likely methods of detection.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,306 posts in 50,168 topics over 155 months by 21,929 of 22,426 members. Latest: MaryPoppinsYall, nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo