Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

OMG, Is this Bed Bug Larvae?

(5 posts)
  1. Sleepless in NYC

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Sep 5 2010 3:39:22
    #

Login to Send PM

i am dying. is this possibly bed bug larvae? i can't see very well and well to be honest with you, don't know what i'm looking for.

i had a sharpie open up on my bed and there were scattered black like ink marks on my carpet which i thought was from my sharpie. but i remembered reading somewhere that bleeding like ink marks on your mattress was bed bug feces. i thought i saw it on one of the seems of my quilt, but my friend pointed out that it was just lint. It just hit me that maybe those weren't ink marks on my carpet so i got out my magnifying glass and flashlight and saw this right by one of the "ink marks" i am so scared now.

i'm hoping it's not larvae, but if it is, praying that it's carpet beetle or spider beetle's since i've found a couple of dead ones of those. omg, could it be bed bug larvae? please help identify this for me.

http://s838.photobucket.com/albums/zz302/sleeplessinnyc/?action=view&current=larvae.jpg

2. BBcoukHome

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Sep 5 2010 5:40:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Nothing in that picture is bedbug related.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Sep 5 2010 7:37:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Young bed bugs are more correctly called nymphs not larvae (singular- nymph, larva). Nothing bed bug related in your picture. Sometimes ink marks are ink marks.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. Winston O. Buggy

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Sep 5 2010 8:37:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Sleepless in NY FYI in general larvae is a term used more so in describing the second stage of insects with complete metamorphosis such as with beetles & fleas. As far as your pic is concerned if David & LOU said its not BB related, I don't have to look. For those panicking especially during the current media BB blitz or deflection of overall more serious news, please try to remain rational and calm be informed be aware but don't freak out.

5. Sleepless in NYC

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Sep 5 2010 12:23:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi BBcoukHome, loubugs, and Winston O. Buggy,

Thank you so much for taking your time to offer me your expertise. I could never be able to fully express my appreciation to everyone on this forum.

I thought those two creamy looking things looked like fly eggs but possibly belonged to bedbugs? I am thankful that you have confirmed they are not. Thank you. You have no idea how much relief you have provided me. I am so grateful to you.

Ever since I got a set of three bites in a row on my upper left back while sitting at my laptop (or maybe that's just when i first noticed them as all of a sudden I got very itchy. I thought they were mosquito bites until I felt the third one just inside the opening of the armhole of my top).

It's not even the media frenzy that has me crazy. it's those unexplained bites. (it's 12 days and they're still there). I keep trying to convince myself that I got bit outside of my home and it didn't come home with me.

I have a platform bed that is made out of formica and was thinking, maybe it's too slippery for them to climb up on the bed so that's why they are in the carpet. Also, I don't know if I'm imagining it, but i keep thinking there is a slight not so pleasant odor in my bedroom and hours after i spray air freshener, I think I detect it again.

Sorry for rambling. I never realized what a luxury it was to just some home and hang your coat up without a second thought.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

281,339 posts in 46,777 topics over 142 months by 20,640 of 21,523 members. Latest: Anon_StillTheyCome, Anna_nobugs, Katie10m10