Old Packtite ? Other Bugs?

(2 posts)
  1. splishsplash

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Feb 16 2017 16:53:29
    #

Login to Send PM

I had bb three years ago. Bought a packtite as an investment. I thought I might have bb again so I brought the packtite down from above my fridge (I live in a tiny studio and I have very limited space. I'm lucky I even got it up there). I'm concerned bugs/dust got into the heater. There's evidence of something living in there (mites, spiders, please god not roaches). Will it even work anymore? How do I dispose of this thing if not?

Also, when I started vacuuming the outside and inside, I realized that I might be making things worse! I left the packtite out overnight on a pile of bagged stuff so I'm concerned I'm spreading the eggs/remains of whatever was living in there.

I'm not even sure I have bb and I'm thinking I might not now, but I have a lot of things in bags and wanted to heat it as a precaution. I don't even know if the packtite will work b/c God knows what's living in the heater. The thing that displays the temperature is showing numbers so I don't even think the thing works.

Should I just toss it? Is it worth the risk? I don't feel comfortable using it if there's dust or bugs living in the heater (harder to vacuum). Should I try to vacuum everything and test it? Maybe I'm paranoid...Am I making it worse?

I feel like bugs and bug eggs are on everything (including me!).

2. bugged-cdn

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Feb 16 2017 16:59:49
    #

Login to Send PM

There's evidence of something living in there (mites, spiders, please god not roaches).

Turn it on and see if it works. If it does, whatever insects have made a home in it will die.

How do I dispose of this thing if not?

I don't think it has any hazardous components. Personally I'd just put it in the trash.

I left the packtite out overnight on a pile of bagged stuff so I'm concerned I'm spreading the eggs/remains of whatever was living in there.

I don't think that's a big deal. If you have bb they're somewhere on the outside of the Packtite anyway. Assuming it still works, whatever you put in it will be disinfected, the same as before when it was new.

I'd start by running it a few times and checking the temps.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,748 posts in 49,541 topics over 153 months by 21,704 of 22,148 members. Latest: germanhippie, Sportbb42, Katieaus