Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Oh No not again!!!!

(4 posts)
  1. Proudmommyto3rottenboys

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Oct 9 2018 4:32:17
    #

Login to Send PM

I swear I'm going nuts...Let me start from the very beginning.We found out we had bed bugs around 4 years ago.We had just gotten them.We live in a house...My landlord did have someone come out and spray a couple times.Being the very first time Ive dealt with them I thought it would work.It just pissed them off more..So I begged him to go in on a heat treatment with me.He paid half and we paid half.For our house one heat treatment is $2,200...We did pay him back our half.There is 3 month warranty.Well 4 months later we still seen them...Plus my boys always show signs of bites.They swell up really big and get super red.So 4 months after we had to pay for another Heat Treatment.Landlord wouldn't help us again.So we had to come up with $2,200 again.I am terrified of these bugs..I can't sleep,I'm all stressed out.I refuse to sleep in the house knowing there are bugs waiting to eat on me.So everytime this has happened I've went out back of my house and slept in a tent.It doesn't bother my boys or husband like it does me.It was 10 degrees outside and I frozen in my tent but I had no other option.We don't have family who will help us or even care to help us..We are barely paying our bills.So the 2nd heat treatment got done.We went 2 years without seeing any bugs.Then one day I'm sitting on my bed and I see one crawling on my shoulder.Again we had to pay for another heat treatment.So that's 3 and a total of $6,600 in just heat treatments.That's not including all the drematitus earth we bought and bed covers and other items.Each time having to tear our house apart and go through and clean everything.The 3rd treatment was done on 5-26-17...We were doing great.Then My daughter in law was in her bedroom tonight and seen a bug crawling on her bed.She brings it to me and it's a damn bed bug...Hadn't ate yet cause it was empty.I am a freaking mess right now...Are these heat treatments not working?Am I wasting my money?Why are we just now seeing a bug?Someone please help me.I need all the help I can get!!!

2. Proudmommyto3rottenboys

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Oct 9 2018 17:15:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Can anyone tell me if they think we have had them the whole time or are we bringing them back in our house.Since it's been 3 Heat Treatments I really don't want to get another one.Should we go with Vikane Treatment?Are they really good?

3. bitethebullet

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Oct 9 2018 18:15:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey Proud,

I’m sorry to hear about your bed bug struggle. I’m not a professional, but it does sound like it’s possible they’re being reintroduced somehow. Going so long between treatments with no symptoms or signs would make me think maybe the kids are bringing them back from someone’s house, a bus, or something else. What about your work? Your husbands maybe? They can live in all kinds of places. All they need is people.

-Bitethebullet

“I’ve got edge!”

“You’re about as edgy as a satsuma.”
  4. micachica

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Oct 9 2018 19:32:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Is the company adding a dust or residual pesticide alongside the heat treatment? It does seem likely the bugs are being reintroduced somehow. Also depending on where you live, your landlord might be 100% responsible for paying for treatment whether they like it or not.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,523 posts in 46,598 topics over 142 months by 20,553 of 21,419 members. Latest: pestbreaker, TRAY, tjg