1. Buggernet

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Fri Oct 5 2018 19:17:04
    #

Login to Send PM

I thought I had them beat.
    I mean I think I do.
    This morning, I woke up with two bites on my butt.
    They were itchy too. I would take a picture but, well you know.
    They look like mosquito bites.
    I got bites before and they did itch horribly, but they went away. These are bright red and have stayed all day and itch off and on.
    I thought I was done with this. I haven't done anything different.
    What else can bite you like that at night?

My bed is encased and I tore everything off of it down to the encasement and I don't find anything unusual.
    Just tell me. What are the chances after a year that they are back?

2. Buggernet

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Mon Oct 8 2018 20:42:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Well, nothing more came of that. No more big bites. No fecal stains. No creepy crawlies. BUT I have two adult cats, two kittens. All indoor cats. The mom of the kittens is an outdoor cat mostly so she comes and goes. My elderly cat got fleas so bad that I thought he was dying. He doesn't handle them well. Never has. We haven't had fleas this bad in a long time.
    I treated the elderly cat for fleas, and the mom cat since she is the one who brought them in. I haven't done the other three cats, (kittens and another older cat) yet. So now, I think the fleas are winning.
    They are driving me nuts, but I will take them over bb any day.
    Having said that, I think I will go get some more medicine for the animals and maybe the carpet and couch. This is getting rough.
    So, I am thinking that I am still bb free, physically. Mentally, it will haunt me a long time.

3. Proudmommyto3rottenboys

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Oct 9 2018 18:29:38
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm not a expert but I did want to comment because I also have been through this.We have had 3 heat treatments done.The first time didnt work because our coach was so thick.After throwing it away and getting our second heat treatment we were bed bug free for over 2 years.Then sitting on my bed I see a bed bug crawling on my shoulder.I about died.So 3rd heat treatment was done in May 2017.So a little over a year ago.Last night my daughter in law seen a bug crawling on her bed.She brings it to me and it's a Bedbug.We are so broke from all these heat treatments and Im stressed to the max!!!I truly believe we will never be rid of them.I'm so tempted to give up everything I own and leave it all behind and start new.My next step is Vikane Treatment were they tarp my house off.It cost a lot more so I'm praying this works.Honestly I'm about to have a nervous break down.constantly crying and can't sleep.So please just keep checking to make sure.

4. Buggernet

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Oct 11 2018 8:04:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh wow. I am sorry you are going through this!
    I didn't do the heat treatment. I did the spray and powder.
    I was told it is guaranteed for 6 months. After that, I had them check, and then check again two weeks later.
    What I have learned, if they are gone from treatment, they are generally gone. They tend to come back because you bring them back in.
    I just haunt my thoughts with ways I could bring them in: the movie theater, seats on a bus or taxi, seats in a waiting room, someone else's home. I just got better with sitting in chairs. I now look first, any itch or bite causes frantic checks of beds, couches and chairs. This is around when it was all done last year. I was out of work or 6 weeks! They wouldn't let me come back until I had paperwork showing I was bug free! The worst. I don't want to go through this again.
    I hope things get better for you. Keep trying.

5. HelpBB

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Fri Oct 12 2018 12:24:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Buggernet what chemical and powder did they use?

I did the Vikane treatment. It was tape and seal and it wason a super windy day. I wish they did not talk me out of tenting. It was also at 1.9% talked to others that do fumigations and they say that they do 3% and hold it for 24 hrs. We came back and the bites continued. Found a live bed bug a little over a week later on my bed. Had k9 come out and alerted to bed bugs. If you do a vikane treatment don't let them talk you out of using the tent and I would ask them to do it at 3% and hold it for as long as they can.

Our next step is Aprehend. I pray it works b/c I can't take any more ofthis.

6. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Fri Oct 12 2018 14:12:12
    #

Login to Send PM

I think fumigant dosage may also dependent on ambient temperature. Are you sure you're not mixing up 3% with x3 the recommended application for drywood termites?

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  7. Buggernet

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Sat Oct 13 2018 7:20:22
    #

Login to Send PM

HelpBB - 18 hours ago  » 
    Buggernet what chemical and powder did they use?
    I did the Vikane treatment. It was tape and seal and it wason a super windy day. I wish they did not talk me out of tenting. It was also at 1.9% talked to others that do fumigations and they say that they do 3% and hold it for 24 hrs. We came back and the bites continued. Found a live bed bug a little over a week later on my bed. Had k9 come out and alerted to bed bugs. If you do a vikane treatment don't let them talk you out of using the tent and I would ask them to do it at 3% and hold it for as long as they can.
    Our next step is Aprehend. I pray it works b/c I can't take any more ofthis.

The professionals used Tempo Dust 1%, Bedlam plus, Pyrethrin Dust,Acetamiprid 5%, Bifenthrin 6%, cimexa dust, and a synthetic pyrethroid 9.7%.
    They treated with that every two weeks for 6 weeks. They came back after 6 months, which was when my son moved out.
    I want to say that my son never got a reaction to the bugs. I did, but thought it was mosquitoes. Weird bites that looked like mosquitoes but didn't itch. Then when I literally got bit by an adult, and the little ones it felt like fire ants biting me.
    Lately, I have been getting the mosquito like bites but no evidence of any bed bugs on my bed, mattress or elsewhere. It is just something that is going to drive me nuts. I swear.
    I just pray it isn't starting all over again. I don't think I can handle it. And I am not sure my work will be as nice a second time.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,523 posts in 46,598 topics over 142 months by 20,553 of 21,419 members. Latest: pestbreaker, TRAY, tjg