Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tales of Bed Bug Woe

Oh no?!

(6 posts)
  1. OhNoes

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Oct 12 2011 7:33:35
    #

Login to Send PM

I am really not sure what to think, and was hoping some of the experts could chime in.
    I would preface it by saying, I really am looking for an opinion on it. I lost a lot of sleep last night because of this and my paranoia was going away since I had seemed free. Now I'm having bad paranoia and anxiety about these things.

I am now 24 days post-last treatment.

I have not seen signs at home, I had not been getting bites, anything.

Yesterday, at work, I experienced the all-to-familiar itch-from-hell and redness. I had to use hydrocortisone last night because of the itching.

I know bites are not what we base anything off of... but, should I be worried.

I had been at work for many 5 hours when it appeared.

-- Quick edit and addition

I should also note that my office was sprayed about 30 days ago. No bites then either.

It just seems like the time frame is TOO long for it to be bb related after the spraying, leaving a BB Beacon in my office for 4 days/nights, etc. BB Beacon came back clean. I'd think any eggs that made it through that spray would have come to feast before the 30 days that it has been.

Spoke with office manager and she is gonna have the PCO guy come out again to check/spray.

2. jkjemildner

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Oct 12 2011 13:55:33
    #

Login to Send PM

About 2 weeks after I got my one and only treatment I had a RED itchy bump on my face and I freaked out thinking it was a BB bite.. I react horribly to them so I was positive it was a BB bite. It popped up in my car on the way home from the store. I showed it to my sister and she thought spider bite. It was a bit different as it cleared the next day instead of weeks later like the rest of mine and it was hard. That is the only bite I have had in 6 months, so I am assuming spider bite. Hoping it was a spider bite in your case as well.

3. OhNoes

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Oct 12 2011 13:57:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, I really appreciate that.

I guess I kind of think as follows:

My work was sprayed about 30 days ago, my last spray at apt was 24. No signs at apartment (nothing in climbups, etc) I can't search that well at work, but, 30 days! With me here 5 days a week, sitting in one spot all day. I'd think that they would have come for a meal by now.

Do others agree with that logic?

4. OhNoes

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Oct 13 2011 10:08:33
    #

Login to Send PM

This is why I love my work:

I informed them yesterday about the suspect bite. Some may recall from my earlier posts, but, we are a high-risk office due to the clientele that we work with. (that said, my bugs came from my bastard of a neighbor who moved out, and then I moved into that unit! I even found a bug painted onto the wall).

Well, they took action immediately, and while we know that a bite does not a bedbug make, they had a PCO come out today to do a spray of my office and the hallways around it with Temprid and Gentrol.

Hopefully this will take care of it. Afterall, if this one bite is from a bug that hatched recently, or something like that, it'll come within another day or 3 to feed and cross the poison.

YAY!

Maybe David or KQ or FC could answer this question though (or any other PCO on here):
    Assuming that BB are present, even if it is just one little bugger, how long would it go without feeding where there is a ready food source?

I'm trying to think like a bedbug. If I were a bug, and I hatched 15-20 days ago, I would have fed since then? Right?

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Oct 13 2011 20:12:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I would try not to draw any conclusions other than a reaction is worth investigating but tells you nothing more than you reacted to something.

Given the time frame of the office treatment and lack of activity there I would say its 100% not something that survived the treatment 30 days ago.

If you deal with high risk groups then make sure that an area of the facility that you interface with clients is optimised, clean simple easy to inspect area away from peoples work and desks, ideally a separate room. I am working on a document that explains some of this principle in homes but its not a million miles away from what you can do in offices.

If there appears to be no activity at home which seems to be the original source of the issue you should be OK at work.

Don't forget though that too much obsessing and anxiety can creates reactions that are more stress related that bedbug activity.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  6. OhNoes

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Oct 13 2011 20:21:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks David. I guess that was my initial thought too. It just seems like it is unlikely that it would go 30 days with no bites at all at work or home, with nothing in the bb beacon, nothing in my climbups, etc, and then get bites at work that magically came.

My mum suggested that it could be something like spider bites as it's that time of year where we get higher activity.

Also, today, I have a number of additional bites, now on my back/shoulder area. Work treated today, so, I dunno. Very anxious about it though.

I'm considering hiring a dog team to come into my apartment/car to give me an all clear.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,328 posts in 50,173 topics over 155 months by 21,930 of 22,427 members. Latest: nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo, Ctired14