(7 posts)
  1. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Jan 25 2013 19:28:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi All,

The forum now allows me to move posts to another thread. In most cases, this would be creating a new thread and moving the post to it. So it does take a little time and effort, but it is a lot better than the previous situation where the only options were to ask others to repost for themselves, or to repost something myself as a quote from the original poster.

So if you notice posts that are off-topic, please click the "FLAG POST FOR MODERATION" link to the left of the post (which you'll see only if logged in) and briefly note why you're reporting it (whether it needs to be moved to a new thread, or it's offensive, it's spam, etc.) and I will do that ASAP.

There are two main scenarios where this will be a big help, as I see it:

One is the case of newbites posting their queries in an existing thread. (For example, when someone posts a photo for ID or their other questions in an existing photo thread, no one sees it because the original photo has already been identified.) If you report the post as needing to be moved, please also consider letting the poster know you did this on the thread, so others will know they don't need to report it and they may choose to hold off responding until I move the post to its own thread.

Another situation is when threads go "off-topic" permanently (some might say "off-the-rails"), in which case, again, please FLAG POST FOR MODERATION. I will try to respond as quickly as I can and move them to a new thread.

I'm not going to try and work with old threads, however, unless someone posts something new there which should be in its own thread, in which case, flag away.

Finally, thanks for your help with flagging posts for moderation -- which makes running the forums much easier. You don't have to worry about flagging something in error because the flags don't make anything happen-- I have to manually respond to them.

I should add that I don't usually reply directly to people when they flag a post (unless I have questions) because it's too time-consuming, especially when three people flag a spam post. But please know I read and check out every report and appreciate the time you take to do this very much!

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  2. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Jan 25 2013 19:53:45
    #

Login to Send PM

My system doesn't allow me to flag for moderation, but my guess is it's usually be flagged by another member.

Great idea!

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  3. bedbugsuptown

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Jan 25 2013 20:23:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Gotcha nobugs, don't wear yourself out, you know how much we all care bout you. Whatever\can be done to make it easier for you and it shall be done, word.....(kinda biblical, huh?)

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Jan 26 2013 20:10:14
    #

Login to Send PM

TAOT,

If you can't flag, but you have a moment to post, you can post briefly saying "can someone flag this for moderation" -- and that may help the process along.

Thanks!

5. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Jan 26 2013 21:59:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok. I can flag on phone but not on main laptop...tested it today.

6. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Jan 26 2013 21:59:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok. I can flag on phone but not on main laptop...tested it today.

7. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Jan 26 2013 23:32:38
    #

Login to Send PM

refreshing

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,330 posts in 50,174 topics over 155 months by 21,930 of 22,427 members. Latest: nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo, Ctired14