Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Off Topic: Do you worry that your PCO is as observant as this newscaster?

(4 posts)
  1. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Aug 22 2012 3:57:08
    #

Login to Send PM

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Aug 22 2012 5:56:50
    #

Login to Send PM

On a similar note I was watching the news the other week before leaving for Iceland and there was an article about a missing girl. Part way through the video appeal I declared who had committed the crime based on facial expressions of those on the video.

Four days later the person was arrested and charged with murder.

OK not my acute PCO skills but the fact that I trained as a negotiator in the late 90's and read micro expressions better than a road map.

David

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Aug 22 2012 6:03:36
    #

Login to Send PM

That's a great story. My favorite show of all time is Lie to Me. He's trained in microexpressions and uses some interesting tactics to get to the "truth". Check it out on Netflix (not David Cain, since he doesn't have time).

I had some training in bodylanguage in the 1980s, since my job was an assistant analyst to a gentleman whose responsibilities included analyzing white collar crimes. Maybe microexpressions were known about back then: he liked to say something to get a reaction, with both of us watching to see a number of factors (some people "practice" their expressions, especially in white collar crimes). It is fascinating. I'm good at followup questions, which is probably due to that training.

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Wed Aug 22 2012 14:13:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, TAOT!

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,395 posts in 48,808 topics over 150 months by 21,434 of 21,838 members. Latest: dc8184, bedbugtoronto, stinson