Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug pest control firms (PCOs), Bed bug k9s, etc.

Odd K9 Inspection?

(5 posts)
  1. oopsies

newbite

Posted 11 months ago
    Fri Sep 1 2017 10:32:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello, so the landlord sent a K9 inspector over but I found the experience to be a bit odd. I live in an apartment and I was asked to step outside to wait a few minutes. He said that he would visually verify any findings but I wasn't allowed to watch/see what they did. Afterwards, he said he couldn't tell me the results but that he has to report to his office and then their office will notify the landlord who will then notify me. They then went off to the adjacent unit. When I went back into mine, I found that the bed had been moved a bit. I don't even know if he went around the entire unit or just looked in the bedroom. I found the entire experience clouded in secrecy... was wondering if this is standard procedure for most companies? Or something doesn't sound right?

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 11 months ago
    Fri Sep 1 2017 10:37:40
    #

Login to Send PM

I use a dog team from time to time and it works best for my team if no one is present in the unit at the time of inspection. The dog we use is able to search without having anything moved, then if she hits on an area a search is performed.
    The PCO may be speaking only to the landlord in some instances since they are the owner of the property, leaving the landlord to work with the tenants after the inspection is complete.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  3. oopsies

newbite

Posted 11 months ago
    Fri Sep 1 2017 10:46:52
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 7 minutes ago  » 
    I use a dog team from time to time and it works best for my team if no one is present in the unit at the time of inspection. The dog we use is able to search without having anything moved, then if she hits on an area a search is performed.
    The PCO may be speaking only to the landlord in some instances since they are the owner of the property, leaving the landlord to work with the tenants after the inspection is complete.

So in the meantime, what should I do? I took all my stuff out and had put it in the middle of the room for the dog to sniff (I don't even know if he did or didn't). Can I put it all away now? Do I just go about everything normally regardless of whether I am being bit or not? Apparently, I won't find out the results until Tuesday. =/

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 11 months ago
    Fri Sep 1 2017 11:29:57
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't see any reason to keep everything piled up, but check with your landlord before you put everything back.

5. oopsies

newbite

Posted 11 months ago
    Fri Sep 1 2017 21:29:27
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 9 hours ago  » 
    I don't see any reason to keep everything piled up, but check with your landlord before you put everything back.

Ok, I ended up putting everything away anyway. If I have to pull it out again for a spray, then so be it. But the landlord indicated that it's unlikely to be a positive hit for bed bugs. I'll know more next week. Sigh, I hate bugs.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

277,753 posts in 45,865 topics over 139 months by 20,195 of 21,000 members. Latest: dmlee, curiousbug123, bbcurious