Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

OCD

(2 posts)
  1. hellogorg

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Jul 31 2018 11:34:16
    #

Login to Send PM

My current OCD obsession is bed bugs. I'm traveling tomorrow and though I have never had or seen one I'm terrified of coming into contact with them. How common are they? I'm worried about them in the airport, airplane, hotel, etc. I'm so scared to even leave my house and go to the mall or movies or sit at a restaurant. Any advice? Thanks

2. busbugs

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Aug 14 2018 11:52:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello! I also have OCD and an obsession with bedbugs. I discussed it with my therapist recently and what I found helpful was the probability piece that we worked on. Basically, she asked me how likely it is that I would end up sitting somewhere where there are bugs, how likely it is that one would come onto my clothing, how likely it is that it would be pregnant, how likely it is to infest etc.

I know from reading these forums that bedbugs are unfortunately not uncommon... But I'm really determined to not let my fear of getting them prevent me from traveling, taking the bus, etc. I guess if you're staying at a hotel it's a good idea to check the mattress on arrival and stuff. I know it's tough, but all I do is try not to focus on it too much. Like, feel the fear but do it anyways. Good luck

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,818 posts in 49,813 topics over 154 months by 21,802 of 22,268 members. Latest: MrBedbug, Pioneer47, laurabedbugs